Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner July 2012

Can anyone recommend long lasting foundation or lipstick/gloss?

whitesarah@btinternet.com, 7 April, 2012 at 20:08 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a really good foundation that will last all day when I get married in July. Also a lipstick or gloss that will last a while. Can anyone recommend any good products?

Thanks in advance

9 replies

Latest activity by Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB), 8 April, 2012 at 17:35
  • jonesmel_25
    Beginner September 2012
    jonesmel_25 ·
    • Hide content

I use estee lauder double wear makeup and it is great!!! but you might find it a bit thick, so you could try to get samples.

They also do a lighter double wear product xx

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content

If you dont already use a primer under your foundation, i personally like mac or max factor foundation but heard on here bonjours is very good. As for lips i dont think you can beat a bit of dior x

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't recommend Doublewear as it doesn't photograph well at all - it bounces back flash and looks ghostlike on camera. Dior do a very long-lasting foundation called Forever. It's great on camera too. Juliet x

• adelly
    Beginner April 2012
    adelly ·
    • Hide content

I really recommend MAC Studio Fix foundation. It gives great coverage and stays put all day. I always wear Smashbox Primer underneath to make a good base for applying it.

MAC lipsticks are also great. As for lipgloss I have just discovered YSL Glossy Stain which is a lipstick/lipgloss mix and it is fab! It stays put through eating and drinking and there's a lovely choice of colours. I'll be wearing this on the big day!

I would recommend between now and July visiting the counters and asking them to recommend a foundation for your skin type and trying some samples and see which one you are most impressed with ?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I opted for MAC lipgloss, my MUA uses all MAC products and swears by it.

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This has made me worry a bit now about my wedding make up and my MUA as my MUA used este Lauder on my trial and i loved the finished look but didn't take any photo's and i am scared it will look terrible now in the photo's on the day.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If she is a bridal MUA I would think she would be aware of the problems double-wear causes...I've heard this mentioned several times on here.

ETA: Sorry, I've just re-read that and it sounds really heartless...wasn't meant to be ?

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

For foundation it really depends on your skin type. Always use a primer underneath as it helps your foundation stay put for the day and look fresh.

Primers: Oily skin YSL Matt Touch. Normal skin Laura Mercier. Dry skin Laura Mercier Hydrating.

Foundations: Clinique foundations are really nice I use them on most of my brides as they cover really well but still look natural and light and photograph very well. Superbalanced is really good as it mattifys the oily areas and hydrates dry areas. Bobbi Brown also do good foundations for paler skins.

As for lipsticks and lipglosses I've never found one that lasts a long time. MAC are good.

Aimee x

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

If she's a bridal mua I am surprised that she doesn't know about doublewear not photographing well :-(

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics