Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2016

Can I afford a Maggie Sottero dress?

Jade the Bride, 18 of January of 2015 at 18:23 Posted on Planning 0 22

I have been doing some virtual wedding dress shopping and have fallen in love with quite a few Maggie Sottero dresses. I have set a budget of £1000 for my dress, but I can't find any up to date prices online for any of the dresses.

Would anyone who has tried on or bought a Maggie dress mind tell me how much their dress cost and if the dresses are within my budget?

Any dress eye candy is also appreciated Smiley winking

22 replies

Latest activity by SunnyGoldDecor363, 25 of November of 2015 at 19:34
  • CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a Maggie Sottero bride so I'm not sure I'll be much help, but here are a couple of suggestions. Most of the time prices aren't shown on the websites, which is a bit annoying! The best way to find out guide price would be to note down the name/code of the dress(es) you like and call around to your local stockists to see if they have it in store.

You could also have a look on a website such as pre-loved where brides sell their dresses as they usually let you know how much the dress was originally.

x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

The ones I had prices for were all around the £1250 mark.

What dresses in particular were you looking at? There are some great sample and pre loved bargains to be had on maggie dresses!

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    Aquiescence* ·
    • Hide content

I got mine second hand for £450, it is Maggie Sottero Emma, perfect condition. It was around £1300 in the shop I think.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    Mrsbeetobe ·
    • Hide content

Hello

I have a Maggie dress mine is Giovanna Marie it was £1100 including the belt new. Some start from around £800. I would shop around though I was quoted anywhere between what I paid for mine up to £1465! X

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

My dress is Phyllis by Maggie sottero. It's from the 2015 collection. It cost around £1300 I think but I got it for £1150 because I ordered on a special preview day. Here it is:

I tried on a lot of Maggie sottero (I also really love her dresses) and I think they were similar in price. I'm sure you could get sale/sample dresses cheaper though. It also depends on how strict you are with your budget.

• O
    Beginner September 2014
    owlalice ·
    • Hide content

I had Maggie Sottero Benita, and a different lace jacket than the one that came with it, (I got the symphony jacket) which I had to pay more for, and it still came to about £1025 as I got it on a maggie sottero day which had 10% off when bought that day. I knew what I wanted as went in a few times before, then just waited until the maggie sottero day! Lol.

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Mine is in this flash link:

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/481744.aspx

Sounds like I was lucky with mine. I love her style. I paid £500 for mine as it was end of the line. Try and find a stockist near you and see if they have any in the sale?

Good luck!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is Janelle and is £1785 eek - but I got it at a trunk event so got 10% off

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

Don't be silly! I got a brand new Maggie Sottero dress for £199! It's an older style but it's still beautiful and in pristine condition. It's the style 'Madison' I bought it from fromthismomentbridal.co.uk Check them out!

• L
    Beginner March 2015
    leastone ·
    • Hide content

Mine is Maggie Sottero Violet and it was £1125 x

• J
    Beginner March 2015
    JLLS ·
    • Hide content

I am a Maggie bride - mine is Madrid. It was £1100 but the shop I went too gave me £150 off it - simply because I asked what the best price was they could give me! Figured I had nothing to lose by doing so ha.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Mine was called Natalie - don't think they make it any more, I got it in 2011. It was £1350.

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh Mrsbeetobe you're the only other person I've found with the same dress as me! I looooved my Giovanna Marie. I think it was £1150, including the belt (I did then have to spend an obscene amount on alterations though!)

OP I'm sure you can get a Maggie at or very near your budget. Enjoy trying them on!

• E
    Beginner September 2016
    Excited2016bride ·
    • Hide content

My maggie sottero dress is costing me £850 which includes a belt. Shop around u can definitely get a maggie for under £1000

• E
    Beginner September 2016
    Excited2016bride ·
    • Hide content

Mine is the giovanna btw

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

Contact tailorwedding.com they make dresses and wii make one similar tithe one you want for very reasonable prices

• TheMrsMeFo
    Beginner April 2015
    TheMrsMeFo ·
    • Hide content

I love Maggie dresses!

I got mines last year and it was £1540, another shop that had the same dress was selling for £1750 tho! I think it depends on the style and the shop. As I know some of the Maggie dresses start from around the £800 mark.

Hope you get the dress you want! x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Look in boutique sample sales - obviously ones that do Maggie dresses lol - but you can pick up bargains there. x

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

My Maggie dress is Giovanna and I got it for about £900, but the shop gave me 10% off. I'm not really sure why actually as they didn't say they ahd a sale on! But all of Maggie's dresses are beautiful and if you buy it at the right time, you'll defniately get one for less than £1000.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

There are a few of these in the for sale forum on here

one for £1000 size 12

and one £500 size 12-16 I think

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

Try this website

http://www.bride2bride.co.uk/shop/from-this-moment-bridal-studios

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    SunnyGoldDecor363 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have just ordered my Maggie Sottero dress. Phyllis its beautiful with a discount of 20% plus a 10% on ording

a brides made dress as well, my total was £932,00 from £1200

I was amazed. Go and try on and ask for a discount.

Regards

Wendy / Midlands

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics