Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner March 2011

can i buy bridesmaid dresses before my wedding dress?

beke, 21 March, 2010 at 09:15 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hio

please does anyone have experience of this. I have found my perfect bridesmaid dresses in the sale but am not getting married for another 12 months. is it ok to buy the bridesmaid dresses before your wedding dress or are you supposed to get your dress first and then match them up after ?

I am not having long traditional bridesmaid dresses anyway so does it matter ??? thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by Heather_Smith, 22 March, 2010 at 10:18
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

The shops normally tell you to get your wedding dress first. But, if you're really happy, then i'm sure it won't harm too much to get them first.

I bought my dress first but then TBH, didn't really consider my dress when the girls were trying on their dresses...

If you're happy - then I say go for it.

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress first, but like GB said, didnt really think about my dress when i bought the BM dresses, so id say if you and your bridesmaids like them, go for it!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I did mine wedding then bridesmaid. But, if we had saw the bridesmaids dresses first I would have bought them. If you love them, get them, esp when on sale! FYI - My bridesmaids and I don't match in the slightest!

• S
    Sammi3 ·
    • Hide content

In my experience many more brides are doing this now.

So many will start planing a wedding a long way in advance but leave their own dress til nearer in terms of not wasting money in case of weight loss/weight gain etc or simply just seeing something they fall in love with eve more! As bridesmaid dresses are usually a fraction of the price people find it's cheaper to just buy a new one if drastic changes need to be made!

I would say go for it - if you are going to benefit financially from buying them now then that's a bonus!

• fireflyangelg
    Beginner August 2010
    fireflyangelg ·
    • Hide content

They recommend getting dress first. but there are other factors 2 consider if there childrens they will grow if there adults you need 2 stop them gaining weight or losing weight so it doesnt get 2 dress rehearsal and the zip wont zip or the dress is flapping about. hope that help?

• M
    MsCheerful ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it really matters what one you buy first especially if you really like that bridesmaid dress and great that its in the sale. I'd say go for it, well done for getting a bargain!

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Like the ladies said i doubt it will make a difference unless say you go for a very modern cut of BM dress and then go vintage with your dress, or clashing colours, either way though Im sure you would keep this in mind when buying your own dress

x

• D
    djmoonlight ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm... Maybe you're just a bit too excited for your wedding.. Smiley smile

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

I brought my BM's dresses first!!

I saw them and knew that was exactly wanted i wanted so brought them!!

They are just strappless fishtails so i knew they'd go with pretty much anything i picked anyway.

If they are what you want and they are in the sale then i say buy them. :-)

• H
    Beginner
    Heather_Smith ·
    • Hide content

My wife has got her wedding dress before she has chosen the entourage dresses. But honestly, it doesn't matter whether you have it on or before your entourage dresses. What matter is, the wedding becomes successful....Be happy!

http://www.partysuppliesdecorations.co.uk/party-forum/index.php

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics