Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner June 2011

Can I use the same music for wedding entrance and first dance?

dollyxdimple, 14 April, 2011 at 12:21 Posted on Planning 0 10

We just love, love, love At Last by Ella James. But I can't decide to walk down the aisle to it or have it as our first dance! It would be perfect for both and we don't really have another song that we feel the same about that we would be happy to use as a substitute.

My question is: Would it be weird to use the same music for my wedding march and our first dance? Has anyone else done this/seen this done? If you were at our wedding would you think 'Oh that song. Again!'?

Be grateful for your honest opinions.

G x

10 replies

Latest activity by dollyxdimple, 17 April, 2011 at 13:15
  • Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I am having the same song as entrance and first dance but the entrance will be performed by the string quartet and the 1st dance will be the actual CD/MP3 whatever!

• sparkelly
    Beginner December 2011
    sparkelly ·
    • Hide content

You can have whatever you want, surely!? I actually think that having the same song for entrance and first dance sounds lovely - almost like it forms a soundtrack for your day.

If I was at a wedding where they did that, I would think it was a really nice touch x

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure there are no rules that say you can't - whether it's the exact same track or one mp3 and a string quartet playing it, for example, and if it's a song that means something to you both enough that you want to, then go for it.

• A
    Beginner
    AniaF ·
    • Hide content

If you want the song twice, have it twice. If anybody thinks twice about it as a guest then I think that's a weird thing to get hung up on.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Definitely yes. I've done this on numerous occasions and it actually ties things together nicely.

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

I've seen it done, at a wedding last year. Although it was also mine and OH's song! ?

Hahaha!

xxx

• D
    Beginner June 2011
    dollyxdimple ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Thank you all so much for taking the time to answer. You have all been so nice and helpful and totally put my mind at rest. At Last it is then! Many, many thanks....one less thing for me to worry about in the count down to the, very near, big day. Gulp. G x

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

What Starstruck said ?

• D
    Beginner August 2011
    daisydooberry ·
    • Hide content

I hadnt thought about using the same song, but think its a lovely idea and think Im going to do this now?

• D
    Beginner June 2011
    dollyxdimple ·
    • Hide content

Yey Daisy! We can start a new trend! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics