Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner January 2012

Can someone help me re my wedding band?

kcj7488, 24 of June of 2013 at 14:54 Posted on Planning 0 4

I am desperately trying to find a really fun band to play at my wedding in Somerset.

What is the protocol with a band? Do I need to put them up in a hotel or should I strive to find someone really local so that they can just go home? Am very new to this!

Does anyone have any recommendations of bands in the South West???

4 replies

Latest activity by JSuitsVox, 27 of June of 2013 at 10:32
  • The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

It really depends on the band how far they will travel. I can understand how some are wary about booking musicians from out of their local area, but it's no trouble to travel around - I quite enjoy it! Most professional (full time) bands will be happy to travel anywhere and would usually build their costs (including travel and accomodation) into there quote. That's how I do it any way ?

Hope this helps

James

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I completely recommend Plastic Pantomime http://www.plasticpantomime.co.uk/. They travel everywhere too.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Highly recommend these guys. They played at our friends wedding and were amazing! We only opted not have them as we wanted a band that had played at our venue before (sound limiters, 15th century building)

http://www.themanfromfunkle.com/ (am on iPad so link won't work).

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Choosing your wedding band doesn't have to be too scary! Most of the time we are very friendly and happy to answer any questions you may have.

We occasionally get supplied overnight rooms but only where travel is 4-5 hours. Most bands travel countrywide but this of course will increase the price when travel costs are added.

Have a look at our profile and see if that's what your after, we are fun and lively!

We have played quite a few 'Hitched' weddings now and really enjoy being a part of your special day.

Look forward to hearing from you maybe!

James.

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Hi

just to echo the guys really, ask the band for a price including your location and requirements and they should build the cost of any travel into the quote, relatively simple to do!

If its out of your budget then move on, there's plenty of good, affordable bands out there :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics