Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

2b_MrsB
Beginner June 2013

Can you change white gold to yellow gold ?

2b_MrsB, 21 April, 2013 at 19:18 Posted on Planning 0 5

As the title says...can white gold be changed to yellow gold by re dipping or something ?? and does it make a difference if it is diamond set ??

5 replies

Latest activity by 2b_MrsB, 21 April, 2013 at 19:36
  • Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if you could have it gold plated. But you can't turn it back into a gold ring - it would have to be melted down and the extra alloys taken out (Nickel or palladium)

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I had to google this and apparently not, because its a different metal , unless you get it plated and not dipped

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I know that if you don't get white gold rhodium plated every couple of years or so then the white look fades and I think it does go back to yellow gold eventually. I have a ring that used to be a mix of white and yellow gold when I first got it and now it's all yellow gold. Apparently there's no such thing as 'white gold' - it is just yellow gold covered in rhodium so if you're patient then it should turn back to yellow by itself I think over time. (I might be completely wrong though!)

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Ok... thanks

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

https://puregoldplating.co.uk/services/ This company brushes gold plating onto things and it says they do jewellery

We are able to carry out ‘selective plating’ if required. This involves electroplating part of a single item.

Which means they don't dip the whole thing. Obviously there isn't any prices online! But might be worth contacting them - or ask in a local jewellers.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I tried googling but also seemed to find conflicting answers so think I need to contact the jeweller

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics