Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F&GBride
Beginner May 2014

Can you haggle with the florist?

F&GBride, 7 of September of 2013 at 12:07 Posted on Planning 0

Out of interest have any of you/did any of you haggle with your florist? Our quote is quite a bit more than I'd been hoping to pay and I do realise that there is a considerable amount of time and effort that goes in to making everything we're going to order but just wondered if anyone found a bit of wiggle-room on the price - aside from ordering cheaper blooms?

• *Mrs M to be*
    Beginner August 2014
    *Mrs M to be* ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I'm a florist! :o)

I would say you might not be able to haggle as such. The prices will be for the particular flowers used obviously but also the time and work involved so its unlikely they'll budge much and reduce the prices while keeping the items exactly the same. However! Any good florist will try and work to whatever your budget is. There's always alternatives they can suggest that might be a bit cheaper. Whether that's a different style of table centre using the same flowers, or, cutting down on the focal/ more expensive flowers a bit and mixing up with some other slightly cheaper flowers.

Definitely don't be embarrassed about saying the quote is a bit more than you expected and giving them an idea of a budget you'd like to work within.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics