Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lyni
Beginner October 2008

Can you have a BBQ in public?

lyni, 29 May, 2009 at 21:24 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

I saw those deposal BBQs in Tesco tonight, and wondered if you can use in public, park or beach perhaps?

Google is not being my friend!

TIA

6 replies

Latest activity by Mrs S*, 29 May, 2009 at 22:02
  • Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

I'm no expert but i'm pretty sure you can. I know when we lived in a flat and had no outside space we certainly enjoyed a few chuck away barbeques on the beach. Just make sure you take all your rubbish home and dipose of the barbeque properly and I can't see it being a huge problem.?

• Lady Falafel
    Beginner April 2006
    Lady Falafel ·
    • Hide content

A beach would be a public space but I imagine parks have their own rules, set by the council etc (similar to dogs on leads etc).

I'd give it a go though. Think about where you're going to put the bbq once you've finished, and it'll probably be a good idea to find some stones there to lift it up so itdoesn't burn the grass.

• Taffie
    Beginner July 2007
    Taffie ·
    • Hide content

I've certainly been to parks where it's allowed. I would suggest that perhaps you pick a park / whatever, and then check their website (if they have one), or do a more site specific google search ?

• Kaz_76
    Beginner September 2003
    Kaz_76 ·
    • Hide content

WEES there are often designated barbecue areas in country parks.

Oh, don't put it in a big plastic bin though will you? Someone did that in our uni halls and set alight to them!

• lyni
    Beginner October 2008
    lyni ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for replying everyone. I might give it go, check the local council website.

We live in a flat with no garden and I'd love to have a BBQ!

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content

Wss about checking the park or whatever's by laws

as a personal opinion though, i do think they're a bit anti social. we went to kirkstall abbey the other day and loads of people had them, it was pretty grim for the people sitting down wind of them

i think a picnic would be a better option. but that's just my opinion as i said

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

We always have them on the parks, as long as you clear up i've never seen it as a problem. As soon as it gets sunny everyone gets the bbq out on the greens. x

(We've only ever seen a prob with a bbq - someone had one in the woods and the park warden made them put it out for obvious reasons!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics