Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2013

Can you hire bridesmaid dresses?

LC to be, 27 July, 2012 at 11:13 Posted on Planning 0 3

Has anyone ever hired a bridesmaid dress before? I've been considering it as I' struggling to find a dress on high street in colour I want and ones in brides shops are around £200 each.

Would you think this would be seen as being a bit cheap?

3 replies

Latest activity by katenuts, 29 July, 2012 at 17:19
  • K
    Beginner September 2012
    katenuts ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am based in Warwickshire and when I went to get my wedding dress the lady in the shop mentioned they also hire Forever Yours BM dresses, I had a look and found one I liked. With trepidation I took my 3 adult BMs to try on, luckily they are all different sizes so I got matching dresses for all of them. Has cost me £60 per dress plus £25 for "temporary" adjustments, like having the length altered, but no material is cut out. £255 in total.

I was worried my BM would not take to the idea, I offered that if they wanted to order a new dress they could pay the difference from hiring, none of them took this option, and in fact 2 of the dresses are brand new from the manufacturer and have never been out on hire.

As for being cheap, I didn't see the point spending money on something they probably would never wear again and at the end of the day how will anyone know? Plus its very normal for the men's suits to be hired.

• V
    Beginner August 2013
    Victoria030384 ·
    • Hide content

Can you tell me where you hired from as I am also in Warwickshire and am struggling to find my colour in high street shops.

Thanks

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    katenuts ·
    • Hide content

The Wedding Centre in Studley, Warks ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics