Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2013

Can you honeymoon straight after the wedding with your old passport?

morristobe, 10 of January of 2013 at 08:51 Posted on Planning 0 4

Sorry ladies, this has probably been asked so many times. I am getting married on a Saturday and going abroad on my honeymoon on the Monday, is this still ok as it will be my maiden name? And am I right in thinking it should be booked in my maiden name too and not my married name?

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by Skeptical78, 10 of January of 2013 at 11:02
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

As far as I know, if your tickets are in your maiden name then your passport should be too x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Your passport absolutely has to match the name you booked the holiday in. You won't be able to travel if it doesn't.

It doesn't matter if this is maiden name or married name but the passport and holiday details must match up.

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Same also applies for Travel Insurance. I bought my travel insurance in my new name thinking that was right but no that has to match all your other travel docs - i.e passport and bookings etc.

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content

I spoke to someone I know who works in family law and she said if you don't have time to get your passport changed before the honeymoon, book EVERYTHING in your maiden name. Take along a copy of your marriage cert if you need it to qualify for anything.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My god, I didn't even THINK of this!!! Thank goodness you asked the question, I'm in exactly the same situation!

Glad one of us is switched on. Think everything is booked in my current name, but I'd better check! (my dad's booked it..)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics