Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sunset21
Beginner

Can you make a dessert with camembert?

Sunset21, 22 June, 2009 at 15:59 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

MIL made a cheesecake a couple of months ago, it was supposed to be low fat, she didn't have any quark but found some camembert on offer in ASDA and used that instead. Now I have to say that it tasted pretty nasty but I smiled sweetly and said nothing, I even tried to be nice and endured a second helping of the vile concoction.

BUT, after her making comment on my (quite delicious if I may say so) cheesecake over the weekend I want to get my facts straight incase she mentions it again. Can you use camembert in a dessert?

9 replies

Latest activity by Nooniepie, 22 June, 2009 at 17:17
  • Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

No, I would never use camembert to make a pudding- the taste is too strong. Sounds horrible.

• Zebra
    Beginner
    Zebra ·
    • Hide content

Camembert pudding <vomit>

I can't imagine that ever being a good idea. What was her reasoning on its use? They are both French?! ?

• princess layabout
    Beginner October 2007
    princess layabout ·
    • Hide content

Er, no. And why in the name of sanity use camembert as a substitute for quark? It's not a curd/cream cheese, and it's certainly not low fat ?

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

No idea, I assume because it was soft ?

Whilst eating it I couldn't decide whether it was savoury or sweet, it tasted very odd, the only dessert item in it really was the raspberries on the top, which could have done with being sweetened. Urgh.

• emma numbers
    Beginner June 2008
    emma numbers ·
    • Hide content

Camembert in a cheesecake sounds grim to me. I don't know of any desserts that I would put Camembert in.

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

? How vile.

To be fair, you could serve baked figs stuffed with camembert, or camembert baked with a walnut crust with a sharp fruit chutney, or similar, after a meal, but I'd define those almost more as a savoury than a pudding.

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

?

What did say about yours Sunset? She didn't criticise did she?!

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

Oh indeed she did Consuela. I bit my tongue - I moaned to H about the flaming cheek of it when I had to eat hers and smiled sweetly. I'll mention it if she says anything else, otherwise i'll be waiting until the next time ?

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

How you kept your mouth shut (in more ways than one!) is beyond me! ?

• N
    Beginner June 2003
    Nooniepie ·
    • Hide content

?

Sounds almost as nice as "bacon water" from a thread the other week.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics