Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
East London

Can you recommend any diets ?

Odessa, 28 December, 2022 at 11:13 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

I want to look good, but I don't like to do sports and I thought that maybe a diet would be the best option for me. Maybe you know something that will help me lose weight?

8 replies

Latest activity by Jennifer, 11 July, 2023 at 06:51
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Just a simple calorie deficit.
    Use an online calculator to find out what calories you should be on per day depending on your daily expenditure. Download My Fitness Pal and input on there. It allows you to log your food for the day and plan it in. It’s quite interesting when looking at how much carbs, fats and protein that you eat in one day. The main thing is making sure you eat enough protein as this will help with satiety, fat loss and muscle gain. Hope this helps x
  • J
    Beginner May 2025 Gloucestershire
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    Calorie deficit and get your daily steps in! Your metabolism will fasten this way. Only be in a deficit of calories for 8-12 weeks and then have a break for 4 weeks in maintenance calories x
  • K
    Savvy November 2024 West Midlands
    Katey_84 ·
    • Hide content
    My suggestion is the same as the previous two post. Calorie deficit diets do work but please don't go overboard and gradually lose the weight. I have just under 23 months until my wedding and I plan on losing 60-70 lbs. However I would be happy with a loss of 50lbs realistically!
  • Melanie
    Dedicated September 2025 Kent
    Melanie ·
    • Hide content

I found Slimming World and Body Boss (HIIT Circuit) worked wonders for me, I went from a dress size 16 to a dress size 8/10. I didn't weigh myself annoyingly but it worked wonders for me, I couldn't do calorie counting (I'm easily bored to be honest) and Slimming World gave me the freedom - within reason- to eat what I want. Hope this helps x

• S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I looked at where I could get “quick wins” - so for me it was things like prepping my lunches instead of buying sandwiches every day, switching to low calorie cooking spray instead of oil, cutting down on alcohol etc.

Also portion control: one of the best things I’ve started doing is using the third/third/third ratio on the plate - 1/3 main protein, 1/3 carb, 1/3 veg or salad. I physically display it on the plate like that so I know I’ve got it right and honestly, I don’t feel like I’m deprived of anything because it’s still a full plate.

If possible, get your partner involved. My FH is basically doing the same as me with the alcohol and portions and that makes it so much easier to stick to.

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I don't do calorie counting - I find it very laborious and quite triggering.

What does work for me is simply dishing up smaller portions of what I already eat, it can help to have a smaller plate too so you're not tempted to load it up. This way you're not cutting out anything you're simply eating less. A walk a day can do wonders too. "Eat less, move more!"

• A
    Curious June 2022 East Central London
    Alice ·
    • Hide content

Healthy eating and exercises few times a week is much better than diets.

• J
    Beginner August 2024 East Central London
    Jinnykey ·
    • Hide content

girls, I have already been on all possible diets because I don't have time for sports, the personal one suited me -water fasting,its hard but effective one

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics