Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2014

CANAPE ALTERNATIVES

MrsKLG2be, 12 of June of 2013 at 13:08 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

We get married in August 2014.

My Fiance and I have looked at the canape options and decided we just cannot justify spending £1000 on 3 canapes per person!

We do however want to provide the guests with something....we have to use the caterers at the venue but want to go to them with alternative and basically cheaper ideas...

Has anyon got any ideas?! The only alternative we can come up with are Ice Creams but if the weathers awful then his wont go down very well...

All suggestions and ideas are more than welcome- plus anything a little out there as we want it to be different!

Thanks ?

5 replies

Latest activity by Mrs.T.Talbot2b, 12 of June of 2013 at 15:11
  • Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would want to eat an ice-cream at a wedding, especially before the meal. Where do these weird trends come from? <looks at wedding magazines> ?

Our venue is doing our starter as (substantial) canapes, would that be an option? It means when we sit down we are only having two courses.

Or you could do crudites/chips/dips? Mini sausages on sticks? Cookies/waffles/doughnuts?

It depends on what the caterers are willing to offer though, they may have some ideas of their own if you speak to them.

• L
    Laura Radford Photography ·
    • Hide content

Pre made trays of smoke salmon? And get the caterers to take around people. And maybe have pre-made minature pies for people wanting a bit extra?!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Depending on your venue, could you have nibbles laid around?

Eg, pretzels, olives, posh nuts, rice crackers etc?

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Just dont have them? No one expects them and for that price it's silly! 3 is also not enough so I wouldn;t bother at all.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Just out of interest, how many guests are you having as that's about double the cost of mine (I'm having 80 guests and 3 choices of canapé).

• Mrs.T.Talbot2b
    Beginner June 2014
    Mrs.T.Talbot2b ·
    • Hide content

We having nut, olives, and crips for the welcome drinks,

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics