Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2024 Somerset

Canapés or no canapés?

Laura, 16 of February of 2024 at 19:01 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Would love some advice please! I’m getting married in May 2024. We’re having a sunset wedding meaning that the ceremony starts at 19:30. We’re all to be seated for the wedding breakfast for 21:00.

We’ve currently planned to have canapés while we’re having photos etc. This will be 20:00-21:00 (roughly) but within that time we’ll be wandering off for the big confetti shot etc too!
Do you think we could save money by not having canapés or do you think we need it/should do it?
Thanks in advance x

2 replies

Latest activity by Sammy, 19 of February of 2024 at 13:06
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    I'm not familiar with a sunset ceremony. Out of interest what food will you be serving at 9pm? I think you could get away with no canapés as it's late in the evening and people would have had the whole day to eat! But I guess you could have canapés before the start of ceremony as people might have travelled a way but that's a nice to have rather than must have.
  • Sammy
    Beginner October 2025 Merseyside
    Sammy ·
    • Hide content

I have been to a few full day weddings without any canapes and I didn't think anything of it as a guest, I was too busy chatting to everyone and having fun!

I myself am having a twilight wedding so the ceremony starts at 5pm and we don't think we'll do canapes for ours as it's quite late in the day! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics