Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner April 2017

Cancelling a wedding supplier

BOYGETSWED, 2 of February of 2016 at 15:19 Posted on Planning 0 4

My partner and I are getting increasing stressed by one of our wedding suppliers due to their lack of contact. We have messaged, emailed and all sorts trying to get updates on our stationary and styling and we don't seem to be getting any feedback. Baring in mind we were expecting certain items to arrive prior to christmas they still haven't arrived.

We are beginning to freak out as we have paid nearly 3/4 of the final price and we are losing confidence and worrying something dire is going wrong business wise.

My question is where do we stand on cancelling these types of suppliers? how can we claw back money? what is the process to even start a cancellation?

Any advice from anyone who has gone through similar issues would be so appreciated.

4 replies

Latest activity by NathalieSB, 5 of February of 2016 at 19:47
  • TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Do you have a contract with this supplier? If you do, their terms should be set out there, and if you have any emails/written confirmation of promises made which have not been met, you may have grounds to cancel and receive a full refund, including deposit (depending on how much you have/have not received to date).

Not sure how much you have paid already, but if it's a substantial amount that you cannot afford to lose, maybe contact the citizen's advice bureau to see where you stand. Unless someone here can offer any further advice?

Hope you get it sorted Smiley smile

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

If you have a contact address it may be worth sending a letter by special delivery explaining that due to lack of contact you are considering cancelling your order and asking them to contact you by a set date. At least you will know if they have received the letter. Don't use recorded delivery though as the post man will still just push it through the letter box.

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

Usually the contract would stipulate a non refundable deposit or payment because they have assigned the staff already and it could be a cost of money on their part but it would be good to read the contract again and ask. good luck!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

If they are not responding at all I think you should send a letter via registered post to say that due to breach of contract (non delivery of goods in agreed time) you are cancelling and require a full refund within 2 weeks.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried phoning? It might be that your emails are not getting through for some reason.

Do they have any social media channels? Check to see if these are active, and whether your supplier is updating them. You could try contacting them via these channels too.

i hope that you manage to get it sorted!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics