Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2024 Dorset

Cancelling wedding how to tell guests

Rosie, 25 of January of 2024 at 08:38 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Hello, unfortunately we have decided to cancel our wedding which was meant to be in June this year for a variety of reasons but mainly as my fiance and I are just not getting on anymore and it doesn't feel the right time to marry Smiley sad has anyone got suggestions of how to inform guests the wedding is cancelled? I don't want to be asked lots of questions by friends and family! X

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 25 of January of 2024 at 12:39
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Rosie! I’m so so sorry! These people do not need to know your business. You could simply say, due to personal circumstances we have both decided to cancel our wedding at this time. You could end it by saying you’re both ok and it is a mutual decision or keep it to the 1st paragraph. No open questions, just straight and to the point. You could do this by text? Meeting for a coffee? On the phone. However, you did say I think you had only sent save the dates? So technically you do not have to tell certain people but I think I would just to keep it clear and everyone the same story. I hope you are both ok. ❤️
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

The simplest thing might be to say that 'due to personal circumstances, we have had to cancel our wedding.' If you are still engaged, you might prefer to use the word 'postpone'. If you want to avoid being asked lots of questions, you could follow up with something about knowing it's the right decision but still finding it sad so appreciating it if people don't talk about it.

Most people are probably going to assume that it's because of financial concerns, so hopefully they won't be asking too many questions anyway.

Well done for making the decision - it must have been so hard, but it's always the right thing to do if you are having serious doubts, and not everyone has the courage to do it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics