Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner January 2016

Candelabra Decoration Help!

NoMoore, 24 of July of 2015 at 13:38 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hello all.. Happy Friday!

We have candelabras included in our wedding package. I was going to get them covered in foliage but I think it's going to be too pricey.. the photo below is the same venue (excuse the random face in the background!) with the candelabras completely bare. I think it's a little too bare... so looking at putting them on mirrored plates perhaps?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thank you!

14 replies

Latest activity by Calella, 24 of July of 2015 at 16:01
  • CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm it depends on what kind of look you're going for really. It looks good for a simplistic elegant look, but it does seem to be missing something?

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I think they look really good as they are, but I am a 'less is more' kind of person. It looks really elegant.

• J
    Beginner June 2016
    JuneBride16 ·
    • Hide content

If you can buy some silk roses from hobbycraft or elsewhere I have seen this which I thought looked really nice. As your candelabra is shorter you wouldn't need as many. You could always use whichever flowers go with your theme from eBay which from what I've seen are cheap enough and could end up being cheaper than mirrors. Hope that helps.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in January if that helps... not particularly a wintry wedding but my dress does have some pearl/sparkly detailing....

Don't have a particular look in mind, although I do like them with flowers and foliage, it's just costing too much Smiley sad I think they definitely need a little something though....

This could be an option if it's cheaper:

Not sure about just a pearl strand...

this is my favourite but looking at upwards of £50 Smiley sad

This is probably the closest to the candelabra with a mirrored plate that we could have as we will be having navy table runners... then I have crystals to scatter...

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just feel like they are missing something... not a lot, but something... however they do look better 'naked' than I thought they would!

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

Could you not buy something to trail across the arms of it? You could pick up some bits and pieces pretty cheap online!

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was looking at these online but need to go into the shop and have a proper look ? I just need to decide what flowers we are having so I can see if I can get any similar!

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I think the strand of pearls idea sounds quite nice! ?

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a similar dilema at the moment! I have decided to look at draping a crystal chain, in a similar way to the pearl one you have above, around the arms of the candelabra. I am also going to get mirror plates and I may have some tealights around the bottom. Ideally I would love flowers but not sure at this stage I can justify the additional cost.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you come up with any bright ideas please feel free to share Smiley smile I will keep looking!

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Hi NoMoore, we've got plain black candelabras for our centrepieces. I was thinking of wrapping some ivy around them as a) I think it will look nice and fit our theme and b) it will clear a load of ivy from the back wall of the house! Probably more like the 1st pic, I think the 2nd looks a little bit bare

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I had one of these on our sweetheart table. It was my own from home. I bought a plastic ring-thing with oasis in it and made my own arrangement, really easy to do with foliage from the garden, a bit of ivy to twine around & some white roses. The ring-thing was £5.99 & including the flowers & doing it yourself it cost less than £10. Whereabouts are you I'd love to help if I can. Not a florist just love this kind of thing.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've actually made christmas wreaths before in a similar thing... Trouble is I need 12-13 and we live in Essex but getting married in Fife. We will be going up on the Wednesday night or Thursday morning, wedding is on the saturday. Great idea though Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the photos Smiley smile We are getting married 500 miles away but I will ask the MIL if she has any ivy! The main issue is time too Smiley sad

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I know of some florists in fife if you need one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics