Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner October 2011

Candelabras for centrepieces?

wonky, 28 December, 2010 at 17:12 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi All,

I have been thinking about candelabras (tall 5 arm ones) with flowers incorporated somehow as my centrepieces. I am getting married at the end of October and want the candlelight / open fire cosy atmosphere.

With the candelabras I want to make sure the height of them is above eyesight level so it doesn't interfere wih guests sat across from each other being able to chat.

So a few questions:

- Has anyone done this / planning on doing this for their wedding?

- Does anyone have any flashes for inspiration? And any idea on costs of using floral arrangements as part of this opposed to a vase of flowers as centrepieces?

- Does anyone have an idea of the minimum height that would be needed to avoid the eye line issue?

- Any idea how much these would be to hire? Hmm maybe Ill check with my florist about actually how to get hold of the candelabras too.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Wonky x

5 replies

Latest activity by theflowerco, 29 December, 2010 at 14:35
  • Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi Wonky

These are the kind of centrepieces I hire out cost depends on the amount of flowers you use and if the flowers are in season etc I did a quick google image search and found these:

hope thet help if you need any further help or quotes etc please feel free to email me

😃

Claire

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Just a word of warning, check with your venue that they allow naked flames first.

The cost may be comparible to having just flowers as you will be paying for the hire or the cost to buy the candelabras.

Your florist will be able to get them if she doesn't already have them to hire, as the venue might most of us have them available.

The less flowers you use the cheaper it will be to hire.

These are the ones we have for hire:

• Em1982
    Beginner
    Em1982 ·
    • Hide content

Hi wonky, i am having candleabras but a 3 arm pillar candle candleabra. ive bought these from my local garden centre, bought some false ivy and will attach some cream silk roses. this is a pic of the candleabra and ivy

• C
    creative wedding planner ·
    • Hide content

Hi Wonky,

I normally hire the candelabras from the florist that I use for my clients, the more flowers and types of flowers you choose to have, this effects the cost.

Just bear this in mind that some venue already have these, and offer these at no extra cost.

Good luck ?

• Blueso
    Beginner June 2011
    Blueso ·
    • Hide content

I'm having candelabras, thank you for all the pics! My reception venue is including them in the hire costs so just need to meet the florist and decide what flowers are going to go on them.

• theflowerco
    theflowerco ·
    • Hide content

Hi There

Talk to your florist, mine go out free with flowers. The cost really depends on the number of flowers you have on them.

Most popuar is a ball of roses in the centre, but this can be any type of flower, also I do a lot with loose wreaths of flowers.

I have lots on my blog, just let me know if you would like any photos

Zoe x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics