Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2018

Candlelight wedding

SunnyRedCars946, 4 of September of 2017 at 16:48 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone, hoping someone may be able to help me, I want to get married by candlelight as near to Christmas (2018) as possible, a week before would be ideal. I am thinking of a barn or medieval hall, does anyone know of some where like this?

We live in N Lincs but have family all over the UK so would prefer Yorkshire or anywhere North of Birmingham.

TIA

Donna

2 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 5 of September of 2017 at 12:23
  • MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

My friends just got married here x

http://www.rivingtonhallbarn.co.uk/about-us/

• R
    Beginner June 2018
    RomanticRedFlowers886 ·
    • Hide content

I read that the tithe barn at Bolton Abbey is currently being turned into a wedding venue - bet that will be spectacular when it's done! In the meantime - Eyam Hall? Has a lovely atmosphere. One thing though, best check that lots of candles are allowed wherever you choose (wax/ancient floors/flames/old beams...) It may be a bit like the 'white wine only' rule some places have.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Monk Fryston Hall is old and nice for winter weddings. Just be aware that the registrar can refuse to proceed if there isn't enough light to read & write by.

I photographed a candlelight wedding at Roundhay Mansion and they didn't really have enough candles. The registrars said they would have to switch on the lights.

Luckily I have a small LED light which I mounted on a stand and that kept the registrars AND the bride happy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics