Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

hp169
Beginner February 2011

Candlelit Venue Help!

hp169, 25 November, 2009 at 20:58 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi, I have been looking for the perfect wedding venue for months now and im starting to get very stressed about it! I am looking for a romatic candlelit venue that is in my area and not having any luck. I live in Wiltshire and my partners family live in this area too but most of my family live in Yorkshire. I have found a fantasic venue called Hedingham Castle which is exactly what i am looking for but the only problem is it is 3 hours drive away in essex. I dont have much experience in weddings, i have only been to one so i dont know if it would cause too much trouble to book my wedding at this venue? I dont know how easy it would be to arrange flowers, hair etc, would i have to be travelling backwards and forwards there all the time? I was hoping someone could give me some advice on this or if they could suggest a similar venue closer to home. I dont mind travlling up to an hour. Any help would really help! Im starting to pull my hair out over it all, i dont want to be a bald bride! lol. Thanks in advance! Smiley smile

7 replies

Latest activity by Kim31, 7 December, 2009 at 14:11
  • Mogwai
    Beginner October 2009
    Mogwai ·
    • Hide content

Hi HP169! Welcome to Hitched!

I'm afraid I don't know any venues in your area so can't make any recommendations. I can tell you that having your wedding some distance away doesn't have to mean a lot of traveling back and forwards. You may find that suppliers close to you will travel a few hours away. You can also do a lot of research online and plan your visits to the venue well so that you meet quite a few vendors on the same day.

If it seems like too much hassle, then keep looking in your area. Keep an eye out for wedding fairs in the New Year. Often, they are listed in bridal magazines.

Your plans for a candlelit ceremony sound really lovely though. You can get 'spill proof' candles these days for votives that minimise accidents if tipped over.

Some days, the boards here are quiet, but stick around and you'll find a lot of helpful Hitchers to answer your questions!

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

It may be a bit far, but my best friend is getting married next year at Brympton D'Eversy in Somerset. It is absolutely beautiful, and they seem pretty chilled about how you use the space. HTH!

• groomwithaview
    Beginner October 2009
    groomwithaview ·
    • Hide content

Our venue was 12 hours drive from where we live, so if its your dream location, then its really not too hard to plan from afar. Saying that, our guests were from all over the country/world so it didnt make much difference where exactly it was located as most people would have some travelling.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Can't help with venue recommendations but just wanted to say that I to am getting married in an area with no links. We live in Reading but are originally from Newcastle & Nottingham but are getting married in Bristol (about an hour to hour & half's drive away).

I haven't encountered any problems with sourcing suppliers. The internet is a wonderful thing! ? So don't let that put you off.

Good luck!

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your help, you have all reassured me! Smiley smile x

• Kim31
    Kim31 ·
    • Hide content

HI hp169

I'm in Essex so if you need any help SHOUT! I know most of the venues quite well. Which one were you looking at?

Kim x

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Kim,

It was Hedingham Castle, have you herd of it/visited it? We were going to go to the opening day in feb.

Thanks

Helen x

• Kim31
    Kim31 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Helen,

I've not worked there but I've been to an open day and it's lovely... (also near me YAY!I would definitely go to the open day to make sure it's right. I also know of a Barn that allows Candle Light... it's called https://www.smeethamhall.co.uk/ this could be another option if you don't like Hedingham.

Most venues will have recommended suppliers however I do a lot of shopping about to get good suppliers and good rates so if you get stuck then I can help.

Best of luck and if you need me my email is *******@*****.**.**

HTH

Kim x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics