Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Candlelit wedding venue?

20 December, 2011 at 10:49 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of anywhere for a civil ceremony in London or the South East that would work for a candlelit wedding? I love the idea of a romantic ceremony, but we want to have it during the day - makes it difficult for the candles to have the same effect!

Thanks! x

3 replies

Latest activity by ngrieve4, 9 January, 2013 at 21:10
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I was at Hedingham Castle in Essex on Friday, that's Candlelit and they close the shutters to reduce the incoming light.

Granted, not London but it's the only place I know of.

• P
    Beginner June 2013
    pokarekareana ·
    • Hide content

The Royal Society of Arts - http://www.thersa.org/house/weddings-and-civil-partnerships

I used to live in London & always had my beady eye on this place!

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

Just read on the Syon House website they do candlelit morning services in Winter months - think its up to 50 people

• N
    ngrieve4 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I had my wedding in Farnham, so not a million miles from London. We wanted a romantic backdrop but struggled to find somewhere. We also needed a location for our reception and evening do.

Although its pretty unconventional, I couldnt recommend a yurt more. We had the side panels down to restrict the light and the company we went with set up some amazing mood lighting - fairy lights and candles (which we worried about being in a large tent, but I was assured that the canvas was fire proof!).

The company we went with was www.magnoliayurts.co.uk so check them out if you think this sounds like something you might like.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics