Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MsJackson78
Beginner March 2010

candles in acrylic vases?

MsJackson78, 14 January, 2010 at 18:32 Posted on Planning 0 8

I am having candles as my centre pieces but because we are having quite a few young kids my Mum feels we should have them in a vase for safety so I want them in square/cube vase as they are square candles and think this will look best.

This may be a really stupid question but does anyone know if acrylic vases will melt with a candle in them? ?

8 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 14 January, 2010 at 19:41
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Yes! You have to be careful with glass vas well, make sure the vase is big enough to keep the flame away from the sides. You can buy square glass vases

• MsJackson78
    Beginner March 2010
    MsJackson78 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie I'm on quite a tight budget and with possibly 12 tables was trying to keep the cost down also our reception is very informal, hot buffet without seating plan, so didnt want to go too overboard with the centrepieces. The candles we are having are the ones that change colour so didnt want much else as feel it would detract from them.

Do you have any suggestions your advice would be much appreciated I am feeling a little uninspired at the moment.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about just using a glass candle plate to put them on and perhaps a few acrylic sparkles:

Like this but on a glass plate & using just a single candle & a flower head.

• MsJackson78
    Beginner March 2010
    MsJackson78 ·
    • Hide content

That looks lovely and we have ribbon with our names on it which we could use, Just hope my mum goes for it as the candles wouldnt be enclosed in a vase, she is such a worrier!

• S
    Beginner April 2011
    Soon to be Mrs W ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Does anyone know where you can get those glass plates from?

• MsJackson78
    Beginner March 2010
    MsJackson78 ·
    • Hide content

I have seen them on ebay and in hobbycraft shops. this site is really good easy florist supplies prices are really reasonable.

https://www.easyfloristsupplies.co.uk/glassware/mirrored-glass/round-mirror-plate-20cm-/prod_2125.html

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Whereabouts are you MrsW? We hire them in the Bristol & surrounding area, or you can buy them here:

https://www.britanniadirect.org.uk/acatalog/Round_Mirror_Plates.html

• S
    Beginner April 2011
    Soon to be Mrs W ·
    • Hide content

Im in the midlands.

Would you suggest putting the candles in holders or would they be ok standing on a plate?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

They should be fine as the mirrors are very thick and the candles won't burn all the way down.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics