Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2012

Candy Buffet Alternatives

Sparklebright, 7 May, 2012 at 22:27 Posted on Planning 0 11

We've been to a few weddings now where candy buffets are set up and are going to 2 more before ours that will have them. We really want to do something like this for our evening do! I'm really one for making our wedding as personal and unique as possible so I don't want to follow the crowd with glass jars and scoops!

Anyone got any ideas?

x

11 replies

Latest activity by Sparklebright, 9 May, 2012 at 13:17
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

How about a dessert bar? Doughnuts, mini meringues, brownies etc?

or ice cream bar? Various ice creams with sprinkles, waffer/biscuits and sauces?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Or chocolate fountain and various sweets/fruit to dip?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

You could tie it together with your cake as centerpiece, or just have it entirely separate.

We're doing one at our wedding, with 8 different flavours of cake (a few of them in cupcake form and one with toppers for us to ceremonially cut), on mix n match cake plates and stands, together with petit fours, fondant fancies, macaroons, fruit tarts, bride and groom chocolates, and who knows what else! I'd originally planned to do sweets, but I think the desserts bar is a far superior concept Smiley smile

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and this is something I found on pinterest, a s'mores buffet!

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

Oh man, I've got a late night sweet craving now ? If I went to a wedding with a dessert or s'mores buffet, I think I'd wet myself with excitement!!!

• S
    Beginner November 2012
    Sparklebright ·
    • Hide content

Wow! what fantastic ideas! particularly love the idea of melting marshmallows, really quirky and something we make everyone do when they come for a bbq!!!

I best warn all my guests to wear loose fitting clothing :-)

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

We're having a chocolate fountain along with our evening buffet............nom nom nom !?

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Wow to the s'mores buffet!!

S x

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

I have also heard of the 'Love is Sweet, life is Salty' Bar - so you just add in pretzals and savery snacks to the sweet buffet.

I am doing a desert buffet - well excited!!

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a candy buffet as such, we're going to have cupcakes and a 6" cutting cake, but i hate the troditional cupcake towers and will be having something like this instead.

• S
    Beginner November 2012
    Sparklebright ·
    • Hide content

Aw I really like those cake stands! I know what u mean about cupcake towers, I've opted for a traditioinal 3 tier wedding cake.

These are really good ideas everyone! at this rate there won't be any room for guests due to the sheer amount of desserts, sweets and goodies!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics