Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2014

Can't find beige suit or waistcoat/trousers anywhere!

stevethefirst, 22 of September of 2014 at 21:22 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi

I am getting married abroad in a few weeks and as its abroad we thought I (groom) would wear a beige suit. Ideally a beige linen wasitcoat and trousers, but cotton or wool is fine.

BUT... no where sells/hires them at the moment! I started looking about 6 weeks ago, and every shop and website says sold out, "its end of summer". I never thought they would sell out and no stock available.

Anyone know of anywhere that still sells/hires beige coloured suits?

Thanks

12 replies

Latest activity by Gismo, 6 of October of 2014 at 13:15
  • DerbyshireBride94
    Beginner January 2017
    DerbyshireBride94 ·
    • Hide content

Is this sort of thing any good?

http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/null+Castille+toledo+suit/CastilleToledoSuit_Stone,default,pd.html

Aimee x

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    stevethefirst ·
    • Hide content

If we cant find a waistcoat and trousers, then this suit will be fine... but the problem is those sites/retailers that do have them in stock dont have my sizes in stock. You'll see lots of sizes out of stock when you find them online. They are end of line. Thats my problem! And I need to get one for the best man, but thats not so important as mine. I am 44R or 44L Jacket/Wasitcoat and 36L trousers. But they're usually out of those I find.

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

Not quite beige... but is this any good?

http://www.next.co.uk/g816090s3

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    stevethefirst ·
    • Hide content

They don't have the sizes. I did order this one from Next http://www.next.co.uk/x54380s8#694596G81 but it was no good, the skinny fit trousers dont look very good on me! And the waistcoat has a shiny back so meant to be worn under a jacket not really on its own, but it was a black back anyway.

I appreciate the help!

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.tailor4less.com/en-uk/men/custom-suits/configure not sure how long it takes to tailor but may be worth a look

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    stevethefirst ·
    • Hide content

I actually had some suits made using www.suitopia.co.uk (although based in Sweden which is why I chose them, the clothes are made in Vietnam), costing £154 each for wasitcoat and trousers. I chose a Beige colour, which clearly shows a beige colour http://www.suitopia.co.uk/en/suit/design/11301/, but when they arrived they were WHITE. Suitopia bizarrely state I have the correct colour (the colour i have is the colour of the mans shirt in that image), but clearly I don't as I ordered a beige colour. There is also poor quality in a couple of places. I think I am now going to struggle to get my money back. So this has put me off bespoke tailors online.

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

Your right... there is hardly anything... have been googling...

maybe try one of the outlet style shops if you have one near you?

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

Http://tailored.asuitthatfits.com/wedding-abby/?adtype=ppc&campaignid=57&gclid=CM3l_qen98ACFdMbtAodkyQAUw

this website is a bespoke suit place but in the UK that you go and see.. so maybe more trustworthy than online ones?

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    stevethefirst ·
    • Hide content

@Rebeccafcr I've tried McArthur Glen in Bridgend, nothing there. Thanks gor Googling! I think a suit that fits might be a suitable last option if they are UK. I have more trust in dealing with a person that has a location, than by email somewhere I cant visit!

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

Good luck, let us know how you get on Smiley smile

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

The only other I have found is this one who are in West Sussex http://www.peterchristian.co.uk/mens/suits not sure it's the right colour/fit but worth a look

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    stevethefirst ·
    • Hide content

Problem soved!

For some reason it did not occur to me to search for local wedding hire companies. I have just gone to the high street shops like Moss Bros and M&S. Its like I didnt even know there were smaller wedding hire stores. The smaller local shops dont have online catalogues so their suits wont appear in google searches. Did a quick search in Newport online and emailed the first shop I found who rang me back saying they have a mohair suit in beige, and it looks lovely, so I have hired that. The cost is much less to buy also.

The bespoke suit maker did not respond to my Paypal claim about it being the wrong colour so Paypal will refund my money on that!

So thankfully a good outcome!

Thanks for all your help.

• G
    Beginner May 2015
    Gismo ·
    • Hide content

Out of curiosity how much did you pay to hire and how long for?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics