Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious July 2025 Greater Manchester

Can’t find the dress

Lucy, 22 of July of 2024 at 18:21

Posted on Wedding Attire 43

Hi, Not sure if anyone else has had this issue. I’ve been to 3 different wedding dress shops now and tried on about 30 different dresses and still can’t find the one. There is one that I liked but it seemed a bit plain at the front but the back is lovely and then I went to a shop today and loved the...
Hi,
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue. I’ve been to 3 different wedding dress shops now and tried on about 30 different dresses and still can’t find the one.
There is one that I liked but it seemed a bit plain at the front but the back is lovely and then I went to a shop today and loved the back of another dress but hated the pleats at the front and it just didn’t feel right. I went with my mum and sister and they both loved it and cried and I found myself wishing I liked it because I feel like they are getting bored getting dragged around
I’ve considered going by myself but I’m quite a shy person in general and think I will find it awkward but I just feel like I’m taking up peoples times (my sister and mums as well as the dress shops) and I’m being too fussy. But I don’t feel amazing in any yet and i want to feel perfect
I don’t know what to do

43 replies

• L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think im going to see how I feel in it on Saturday when I go again. I have asked a seamstress if she’d be able to make it strapless and think I’ll ask to remove some beading too as I don’t usually wear v shape kind of neckline whereas if I make it strapless I think that might help.

I do keep thinking it’s just a dress but I just really want my fiance to love it and I am feeling that he won’t and I don’t want to be stressed on the day of my wedding thinking he’ll hate this 😭
    Thank you for all your help and advice 🤍
  • Chloe
    Beginner March 2026 Derbyshire
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    You could try ordering some cheaper options from smaller online boutiques to try on in the comfort of your own home with just maybe one person with you so there’s less pressure. There’s a lovely boutique “Glamlora” that gives you 14 days from purchase to return any dresses you don’t like, if it’s viable for you it might help some of the excitement and sparkle return for you in a comfortable way.
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I might try that if I have no luck on Saturday! Xx
  • Linda
    Curious June 2025 Greater London
    Linda ·
    • Hide content
    I was fortunate to find my dress in the third shop I visited. I didn’t have butterflies or cry. The dress just felt right. If you like it and you feel comfortable that’s all that matters.
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that’s so true x
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 🤍
  • S
    Beginner August 2026 Devon
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    Do not settle until you find the one!! Just book and go on your own I can assure you it will be less stress than going with other opinions, I found trying to find an actual shop that does the designers and styles you like, I found one 3 hours away from Instagram and I’m going there overnight as I no I will find the one there as I love so many, good luck!!xx
  • A
    Pakistan
    Addie ·
    • Hide content

Totally feel you, Lucy! Dress shopping can be so hard. Maybe take a break and come back with a fresh perspective? In the meantime, have you thought about sketching your dream dress elements?

• Zena
    Beginner June 2025 Kent
    Zena ·
    • Hide content
    I had this same problem when shopping for dresses, I loved the dresses but hated how they looked on me, in the end I asked the assistant in the shop who was helping me to pick dresses that she thought would look nice on me, she came back with three dresses that looked nothing like any of the ones I had picked myself and I fell in love with the 2nd one I had tried on that she had brought me and everyone else loved it too, it complimented me perfectly! If you haven’t already then I’d suggest letting other people pick some dresses because you’d be surprised at what certain materials and designs look like when you’re wearing them. My dress is a Ronald Joyce dress!
  • J
    Pakistan
    Jamsallen ·
    • Hide content

It's completely normal to feel overwhelmed when choosing a wedding dress, especially when you haven't yet found "the one." Consider taking a break to clear your mind, then revisit your options with a fresh perspective.

• Helen
    Beginner July 2026 Cornwall
    Helen ·
    • Hide content
    I feel you! Too many dresses to choose from. I’m going to go on my own soon, as I only trust my own opinion rather than others. Family and friends always cry when you try a dress on but that does not mean it’s ’the one’, you just look great. Find something that you feel amazing in! Most dress shops can change parts of the dress and add to it. If the shop doesn’t, somewhere else will. Don’t give in. Get what you want. Keep searching! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics