Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2016

Capri marquees - pros and cons!

Lauby, 15 of July of 2015 at 20:51 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has seen a capri marquee in real life? Having fallen in love with so many types of tent (tipi, sperry, raj, stretch...!) and then realising how incredibly expensive they are, I thought I'd look for something more budget friendly.

Our two options are a capri marquee or traditional marquee. We're getting married on a farm that has a barn where we'll go for the evening party. So we won't use the marquee for dancing, just eating really! Our wedding is in July so I'm hoping it'll be sunny and we can have all the sides up. We're having about 150 for the meal.

I have looked at hundreds of photos of capri tent weddings and am worried that they won't feel very spacious and might look a bit cheap. I'm also worried that if two are joined longways, people at one end won't have much visibility of the top table, and the arches will be low! I've tried to find somewhere where I can see one in person, but have been completely unsuccessful!

Please let me know if you have any positives or negatives.

Huge thanks,

Lauby

2 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 16 of July of 2015 at 08:04
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I had to google photos to see what capri marquees are! Yes, I have photos of one of those being used at a wedding reception. They used it for nibbles & drinks service.

I'd be reluctant to stage a sit down meal in one in case of rain. There's no way to keep the rain off people when the wind blows.

A traditional marquee would be better as you can either raise or lower the sides.

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Lauby ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much Paula.

They do come with clear and transparent sides that you choose to attach or not. They look better without but I've been assured by suppliers that with the sides attached and the waterproof flooring, they're completely water and wind proof. I've done so much research into them online and have spoken with so many suppliers that now I'm desperate to hear from anyone who's been to a wedding in one!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Have a word with Ian Ritchie at Complete Events in Warrington. He does marquee weddings, eg as a whole package and you might be able to get a proper marquee if you book as much as possible with one company

http://www.thecompletegroup.org.uk/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics