Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jen52637
Beginner

Capri Skies

jen52637, 31 May, 2009 at 13:27 Posted on Planning 0 17

Did anyone hear about Capri Skies on the news?

H2B and I were in Glasgow and happened to walk past it. I pointed it out to him and we noticed that the shop was closed, there was a note on the door, and a massive crowd of people (and police) hanging about outside. We thought it was a bit strange but didn't think anything more of it til we got in the car and heard on the radio that they are having major problems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8075322.stm

Hope nobody here is caught up in the hassle! ?

17 replies

Latest activity by Ms Nic, 3 June, 2009 at 16:54
  • ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Oh goodness, those poor brides...

A week and no dress! Sheeze ?

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I probably shouldn't comment on this, but we supply that shop and it doesnt surprise me one bit that they have gone.

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oooh controversial!!!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

OMG Purrfect Gems got her dress from there!!!!! They stock all her tiaras and jewellery but thankfully they bought the stock rather than "sale or return". I hope they don't owe her money for orders.

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

OMG! that's awful!, why are all these bridal stores going out of business?

I hope PG doesn't get any hassle out of this latest one!

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I thought of Lynsey too when I heard! Thank goodness her wedding was last weekend not this one!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm currently on the other side of the world but heard about CS so needed a check a few things on the net. I'm not sure if people will remember when I posted about getting my dress out of CS and going elsewhere for the alterations but at the time I was careful with what I said because I didn't know for sure but suspected they were having issues. Unfortunately on the business side of things I haven't been paid for recent work, work which was a last minute order and that I only got 2 weeks before my wedding so I burst a gut to complete the order so I didn't let either CS or the customer down, but now wish I hadn't been so kind. I struggled to get payment from them a few months ago and after 7 phone calls to the manager I finally got my money but I asked her outright if they were having problems and she said no. Still I decided not to mix business with pleasure and remove my dress.

Jen I was so relieved when you said you didn't find a dress in there but didn't want to say too much.

Anyway I don't have any more information but am going to try to find out what I can. I do know of one girl that ordered her dress from them for her Oct wedding so I really hope she has her dress in her own possession.

x

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Phew, glad you managed to get your money back eventually!

A girl I know bought her dress in there for her May 2010 wedding so I'm hoping she has insurance that can cover her deposit!

• Ms Nic
    Beginner May 2010
    Ms Nic ·
    • Hide content

Had an awful day at work....

One of the girls I work with is getting married in cyprus in 4weeks (leaving in 3wks)...

Her dress is from Capri Skies... All paid for & fitted... AND IN THE SHOP... Was just waiting to be collected Smiley sad She is devistated!... They could have at least let her collect her dress before this happened!...

She has been outside the shop with many other people ALL day...

Im not getting married until May 2010 but feel sick at the thought of dress shopping now Smiley sad

• inalein
    Beginner August 2010
    inalein ·
    • Hide content

This teaches me to read all threads.....Didn't open this thread earlier because I thought it was about the lovely weather.....until I just seen the news.....my god, that must be sooo awful. I really feel for all these brides. I hope they get things sorted.

PG, thats a real shame. As if you didn't have enough stress before your wedding to get yourself sorted...you had a kind heart trying not to dissapoint another bride....and now this.....

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

Glad you finally got sorted PG and your reputation is untouched due to your kind heart ?

I feel sorry for all those brides waiting on their dresses, can someone not just go in a call the brides whose dresses are there to be collected?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

To anyone affected this may be of help https://www.scottishweddingdirectory.co.uk/forum/?showtopic=491 and this http://www.capriskies.com/

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Truly awful

and is it not a bit surreal to 'hear' PG's voice from the other side of the world in a 'random-non-honeymoon' way??? LOL

(Lovely to hear from you!! Hope you're having a braw time, - but thats for another thread Smiley smile))) Travel safe xx)

• Braw Wee Chanter
    Braw Wee Chanter ·
    • Hide content

Has anybody read the statement on the capri site?! What a load of bo!!ocks and a total cop-out on the owners part. They are saying that some customer orders are in the shop but NO-ONE is able to enter the store to give them to customers because of the threat of violence/abuse etc. Sorry, I'm sure there is a lot of pressure from the customers wanting what they've paid for but even if people have been ranting and raving you could find some way to unite customers with the dresses.

I'm also angry at the suggestion that this is all the fault of the store management (what, both of them?). I've met both the owner and the manager of the Glasgow store on numerous occassions and I know that the manager will have been acting under instruction. The owners have clearly left their staff high and dry to deal with this awful situation.

Many businesses are struggling in the current climate and inevitably some will succomb to financial pressures but surely it's all about how you handle the situation? The owners disappearing and leaving their staff to the mercy of irate clients is hideous behaviour.

x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

On the SWd forum there are a list of shops who are dealing with particular designers to get dresses that have been ordered and also a list of brides who one shop has got hold of the dresses for but have no contact details, if anyone knows anyone affected.

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks 3D, I passed the link on to a friend of a friend who is getting married this Sat and bought her dress from Capri Skies and she said it was very helpful! ?

BWC- I know, I could not believe that the owner of the shop would not only blame the managers but the sales assistants too! Quite disgusting, really!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

So according to that statement they were in no problems at all and have only shut down their business because of threatening behavious? i don't understand. Sounds like o load of rubbish though. I feel sorry for any brides trying to get hold of their dresses.

• Ms Nic
    Beginner May 2010
    Ms Nic ·
    • Hide content

My friend at work got her dress at 10pm last night! (her dress was in Capri Skies)

Apparently a woman from panache (sp?) came to help...

Feel really bad for everyone that are still awaiting news *fingers crossed*

Nx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics