Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fozzy Bear

Car Insurance - 1 car, 2 drivers, both get NCB

Fozzy Bear, 16 of June of 2009 at 15:40 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

Anyone know of a company that offers this type of policy?

I've found several that do the joint policy where you both insure a car each with the same company, but what we want to do is trade both our cars in and get a nicer one between us.

Any ideas?

6 replies

Latest activity by emma numbers, 16 of June of 2009 at 16:50
  • Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

I think Direct Line do it.

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

There's a few companies that do it but, for the person whose name the polic isn't it, the NCB isn't transferable to other companies. it's only valid if you stay with the same insurance company.

• Fozzy Bear
    Fozzy Bear ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Evill Yoda, I've had a look and they do indeed, but as alison says you are tied to that complany.

Thanks guys,

x

• Sairedy
    Beginner September 2003
    Sairedy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WAS Direct line do this and it is valid only if you stay with them but still cheaper than starting again with no ncb I guess

We did this when we only had one car so H could keep some form of NCB even though I was the main driver

• F
    Beginner August 2007
    fiorelli ·
    • Hide content

Churchill do this too. 1st driver gets 'normal' no-claims bonus, named driver gets 'named driver no claims bonus'. This basically means that the named driver can get up to 3 yrs NDNCB and be able to redeem on a policy of their own taken out with churchill. They also do the second car discount scheme too.

I found this out yesterday when I called them, and a very nice lady cut my online quote insurance by half with all the discounts you can get.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I think Tesco do it as well.

• emma numbers
    Beginner June 2008
    emma numbers ·
    • Hide content

We got rid of H's car as we didn't need it but wanted to both keep our full NCB. NCB expires in 2 years if you don't use it so we take it in turns to have the insurance

Currently H has the insurance in his name with me as the named driver but once it runs out next month I will get insurance in my name with H as the named driver. We've done this for the past four years with no problems.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics