Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner October 2011

Cardiff / South Wales Brides?

WelshBride2011, 29 September, 2010 at 23:15 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi,

Am new to hitched and just wondering if there are any other Cardiff / South Wales Brides out there?

19 replies

Latest activity by Inspire Me Designs, 14 October, 2010 at 10:21
  • jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content

Hello and welcome to Hitched!

I'm in Cardiff (getting married in Cowbridge). When/were is your wedding?

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    WelshBride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the welcome. Am getting married in Bryngarw House next October. Though a year to go was a long time, but am begining to realise it's not! When and where in Cowbridge?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I'm in Bristol so not too far away.?

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi.. Whoooo Hooooo it's lovely to see fellow Welsh Brides on here.

I miss the place. I got married in Aberdare 5 years ago but am living in Hampshire now.

I get back home as MUCH as I can though.

Welcome to Hitched. Enjoy your planning.

Nat

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content

18 November 2011 at The Bear Hotel in Cowbridge.

We're not from Cardiff originally (I'm from London, he's from Somerset), but we've lived here for years and really love the area so made sense to get married here. No connections to Cowbridge, we just really liked the venue.

I know what you mean, I got engaged in August and we set the date within a month, I started off thinking we had ages, but I think you soon start to realise it's not that long with so many things to organise! How much have you arranged so far?

• Barbie17
    Beginner October 2010
    Barbie17 ·
    • Hide content

Yeap we are from Cardiff (groom is on here Hubbs91), Getting married in a few weeks in Caerphilly Castle. Can not wait...

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

Hi to both of you ?

not a bride but a HIB in Wales ? and we have weddings booked for the Bear and Bryngarw House next year!

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    WelshBride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Well venue, and church are booked. We are look at photographers in the next few weeks, and I have started dress hunting although nothing that has wowed me yet. The Bear is lovely, we looked at it, but weren't going to have a large enough number for the day.

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes....

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!!! I'm in Cardiff - we are having our reception at the Norwegian Church in the Bay!!!

Where is yours?

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    WelshBride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Norwegian Church is lovely, I live in the bar, not too far from it. We're having our reception at Bryngarw House.

• L
    Beginner May 2012
    LizzyB ·
    • Hide content

How exciting i'm getting married at The Bear Hotel Cowbridge on the 26th May 2012.

Still a while to go for me but hopefully come around quick. Not long for you now. x

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

I'm another south Wales bride: we've gone with the oxwich bay hotel on the gower, i'm from newport originally but living in swansea now.

We looked into the bear in cowbridge ourselves - lovely venue girls!!

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content

Hey LizzyB, nice to find someone else with the same venue. Hope you're enjoying planning your wedding, have you done much so far?

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Keltickurse, Oxich Bay Hotel is a lovely venue. When is your wedding?

I would have loved to have picked a venue on the Gower, but with family coming from London, West Country and Ireland we thought would be easier to have it closer to home (we live in Cardiff).

• L
    Beginner May 2012
    LizzyB ·
    • Hide content

Hey Jenny,

It's fab to find someone with the same location. I'm loving the planning, but sort have got to a point where i don't think i can do much more.

We have booked the venue, the registrar, the photographer and we are havin The Bear's DJ!

How about you, what have you done so far? when do you reckon i need to sort out flowers, chair covers etc. I''m a little bit anxious to get things sorted as we are getting married on a bank holiday weekend, so i'm assuming companies will be busier, or am i completely wrong!

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jenny,

We're getting married in march two days after h2bs birthday - he's always had good weather for his birthday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the wedding ?

Libby if your still looking for a florist check out A J Guttridge they cover most of South Wales - i've gone with them and whilst i haven't had my flowers yet so far they've been great, also have a very good website.

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content

I suspect I'm probably the wrong person to ask about when to sort out things like flowers etc, as so far all we have actually booked is the venue and the Registrar! I am trying to convince my OH that we need to decide on a photographer ASAP, will have to pester him some more over the weekend!

We may book the Bear's own DJ, but at the moment we think we may set up a bunch of playlists on an iPod so we can have a bit more control over the music - one of OH's mates is a musician and does a bit of DJing, so we still have the option of having a "real person" keeping an eye on what guests are responding to and changing songs/playlists where required.

I haven't talked to florists yet as I've yet to make a definite decision on a colour scheme (as we're having an Autum wedding I've been considering orange, red and brown, but but I have also been toying with a few other ideas too), and haven't quite decided yet whether to go with chair covers or not.

I'm not sure, but I would expect you're right that more people are likely to get married on a bank holiday weekend. Most of the guides I have been looking at reccommend booking your florist 9 months beforehand, so even with it being on a bank holiday weekend I would have thought that if you start researching now, maybe you could think about booking early next year? Have you decided on a theme/colour scheme yet? I know a lot of people make a mood board to give the florist an idea of what they are planning, that may be a good place to start.

Similarly, I think chair covers and other venue decorations seem to be something you would be looking to organise about 9 months before - I'm only going on the information I've read in planning guides though, as I haven't done any research on venue decorations yet myself.

I do worry sometimes that I haven't done enough yet, but I think once you have booked the venue, registrar and photographer, with there still being quite a long time to go it does give you a bit of time to research ideas and suppliers etc.

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, looking at your ticker your H2B's birthday must be about a week before my H2B's. Thinking about it, he does always seem to have nice weather on his birthday - certainly better than mine, even though mine's mid-June FFS! Will keep my fingers crossed that your theory works and you get nice weather ?

• WelshBride-ScottishGroom
    Beginner April 2011
    WelshBride-ScottishGroom ·
    • Hide content

Hey all, im a south wales bride! From swansea but getting married in craig-y-nos castle in powys, 23rd april 2011. hope things are going ok x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Ohhhh... Craig-y-nos? Lovely!

Nat

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics