Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

wishfulwhispers
Beginner July 2013

Cardigan in the evening?

wishfulwhispers, 31 of May of 2013 at 09:09 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'm rather self consious about my "bingo wings" - Is a cardigan totally hideous? I think its kinda cute..

This of couse opens up the discussion of which colour would you get it in haha

4 replies

Latest activity by mum-wants-a-hat, 31 of May of 2013 at 09:32
  • Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

I am a MASSIVE fan of cardigans with wedding dresses! For me (the biggest tomboy in the world), they add a nice air of informality to the dress and take the edge of the foofiness. They can also look a bit grunge and edgy. Go for it!

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

Try one on with your dress that way you know. It's not for me personally but like Skeptical said, if you like the informality and how it looks then go for it

• Missmadgiggles
    Beginner August 2013
    Missmadgiggles ·
    • Hide content

I love cardigans too.

I'm planning to have one for the evening to keep the chill out (even though I'm getting married in august I'm not betting on good weather). Its going to be bright red to match the nets of my tea-length dress.

I don't think they look scruffy or hideous, they look cute.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I think the idea sounds cute, and like that picture. As Skeptical says, if you want to 'dress down' your dress then that sounds perfect. M&S have some beautiful cashmere cardigans.

Personally I wear cardigans most days, so don't want to wear one on my wedding day. The reception is inside, I'll be dancing and hopefully too drunk happy to feel a chill! I think the groom's jacket slung over shoulders for a chilly walk to the car would look cute too!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

I have a collection of pashminas in various colours I have bought for me and my girls if it's a bit chilly..... And I now have a cute ivory cardie too ! Whether any of them will look any good OR be necessary isn't known yet, but who cares? I'd rather be comfy with a smile on my face than bare all and be miserable! Go for it!! :0)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics