Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner October 2011

Cardstock / paper - Dark Purple (Aubergine) and Ivory

wonky, 25 May, 2011 at 14:05 Posted on Planning 0 5

I am driving myself mad looking at website after website trying to find the right colour of card / paper.

I am looking for DARK purple. My BM dresses are a dark purple (atually called eggplant by Alfred Angelo but when I search for aubergine/eggplant card it usually comes up with something which has a redish hue to it). Here is a flash of BM dress if it helps. It is absolutly NOT a cadbury purple kind of purple. It is a lot deeper than that!

It is not for stationary (I am having all of my stationary done by the lovely Suzanne at Prettywild!) but rather I am after both paper and card in this colour for various crafty projects to add little details to our wedding day such as cupcake toppers, dj request cards, confetti cones and so on and so on. I am also after card / paper in a simple ivory colour for the same (but something that isn't just normal paper iyswim - is something more textured called 'linen finish'?)

I really don't want to have to spend money and time requesting lots of samples only to be disappointed to be honest. So I thought I would see if anyone has come across this colour of card on their own searches. Also, has anyone found a particularly nice ivory card stock / paper they could recommend.

Thanks SO much in advance for your help ?

5 replies

Latest activity by prettywild, 25 May, 2011 at 14:55
  • MrsShark
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsShark ·
    • Hide content

I used these guys and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful!

https://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second that!!! You can also order sample packs.

• millie&me
    Beginner October 2016
    millie&me ·
    • Hide content

Thirded!

PDA are fabulous - look for IMPERIAL purple card, it's a lovely rich dark purple colour.

Nicky

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Hi Wonky

YHM x

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks to everyone for the recommendation and thanks Suzanne for the email! As I said in my reply to you we couldn't be happier with our invitations which are just beautiful. We will definitely be keeping one for ourselves as a keepsake to show our children in years to come!

Thanks again.

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

? thank you Wonky

You're very welcome x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics