Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner November 2015

Caricatures

jesikab4u, 7 of May of 2015 at 10:44 Posted on Planning 0 10

Are they worth it?

been thinking & worrying about the bit after the meal and start of the evening.

we are all in one room so will most likely by stuck in the same room whilst it's getting turned around unless the November weather is ok.

i don't want our guests to be bored during this time. Has anyone had one if so was it worth it did the guests enjoy it?

10 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 11 of May of 2015 at 11:08
  • F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a wedding with one, about a year ago. No idea how much they cost, but they went down a storm. They were busy the entire time, everyone loved their pics - we loved ours so much we have it framed on the wall at home. It was a real talking point, lots of fun watching him draw and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. I think it's a great idea, only reason we won't be having one is because there will be a lot of the same guests at our wedding.

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Susiegirl1984 ·
    • Hide content

I actually went to a wedding last week where they had a caricaturist. I used to be sceptical of spending money on this sort of thing but it was brilliant! We also now have ours framed on the wall at home. It definitely fills big gaps of time and although it takes a while to do each one, people were enjoying watching other people being drawn and seeing the results!

• MrsDJG
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsDJG ·
    • Hide content

Well we're having one at our wedding in three weeks time! I've seen her work, and love it!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We've shot a few weddings with a caricaturist and they always go down really well!

A couple of years ago we were presented with this, very funny! You can see the avatar pic on the left hand side for comparison 😃

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I've not been to a wedding with one but there was a caricaturist at a Christmas party I went to years ago and he was fab. I got a brilliant picture out of it and it was a good talking point.

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    Em1986 ·
    • Hide content

We have one booked for our wedding in a week :-)

Bill Houston.. his work looks fab and he has been professional the whole time!

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I've performed at a few weddings where there has been one. Always goes down well.

• Kittylove
    Beginner August 2015
    Kittylove ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad that everyone has said they work well. We have booked a caricaturist for our wedding in August. We wanted something to keep people entertained after the wedding breakfast and before the evening gets going. Plus we want to try and keep people out of the bar while the band setup. Hopefully it will be a nice day and folks can have their caricatures done and play lawn games outside. We thought this would be a great wedding favour as well.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    Everlong2013 ·
    • Hide content

We are planning on having a caricaturist for our wedding, it's great to hear they go down so well!

For all those of you who have had them, where did you find them? I don't really know where to start looking for a good one!

Thanks xxxxx

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys, think I will have a good look into it and see what our budget says :-)

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

If you are thinking of favours then its worth pointing out that not everyone will want one done and also the artist may not get around to doing everyone.

I think they are a great idea and have seen them used in the speeches and pinned up for all the eve guests to see (and laugh at )

I have come across this chap a few times now but not sure how far he travels.

Here is one he has done of me and also a link to his wesite

This is the kind of thing you should expect, this is a shot from one of my weddings that he uses on his website.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics