Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner March 2014

Caricaturist at Wedding

sarahdarby, 22 of October of 2013 at 10:05 Posted on Planning 0 11

We are thinking of hiring a caricaturist for our wedding, but when do people think this would be best to have?

We were thinking either between the service and the reception (or wedding is at the same venue all day, so there will be a period of around 2 hours when the room is being changed around), or in the night party

We've had a quote for £250 for two hours, and he can do 10-15 drawings per hour. Do you think this is reasonable?

Thanks

11 replies

Latest activity by MW1983, 26 of October of 2013 at 15:05
  • Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Definitely reasonable. I got quoted £400 for 3 hours. We are having ours in the evening as our day guests only total 30 whereas there are 50 for the evening and I plan on getting my money's worth. Plus during the day we will be eating, having pictures and playing garden games so there isn't any time for him during the day. I'm getting married at 2pm as well which again shortens the day. Hope this helps.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Oh and mine does 12-18 drawings an hour.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Sounds reasonable, I wouldn't have it during the night party- people want to just drink and dance by then tbh, they prob won't sit still for him if drunk and it'll make his job harder.

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

What are you planning for the eve? Will you have dancing and would like them to join you?

Are you having extra guests coming just for the evening?

If all guests are there for both ceremony and reception, I vote for the change rooms time and that would give them something to do.

Maybe a sign saying from what time to what time the caricaturist will be available so they know to go there during that time.

• S
    Beginner March 2014
    sarahdarby ·
    • Hide content

We have a cuban band and cocktail hour for the evening plus a DJ, so the day time could be the best option I'm thinking. We have 90 in the day, so hopefully that means that most people will get the change to have their pic done (assuming they sit in couples/ families!).

Thanks all Smiley smile

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Depending on your timings, if your room needs to be turned around after your meal ready for the evening celebrations (& guests) that's usually a pretty good time for them to start.

It gives everyone something to do in that hour or so where there isn't usually anything else planned and day time guests are not too tipsy. It's also something great for your evening guests to arrive to and enjoy before things get wild ?

• barry@bwvideofilms.co.uk
    barry@bwvideofilms.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Luisa Calvo did her caricatures at our daughter's wedding and everybody loved them, and her! So I have recommended her ever since. That's her kindly view of me opposite by the way! Do look at her work and give her a call, she'll give you expert advice on timing. Visit www.wickedcaricatures.com or call her on **** 164.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh I've wanting one of these! Just cant afford the luxury of it thou. I was quoted £275 with a discount so I'd say its good value. Thou with timings I'm in two camps, day sounds better due to people being more willing to sit down for one but it means not everyone will a chance, evening means they have more time and more people can opt for one but It'll more concentrating around dancing and drinking and people might not have patience for it.

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

Seems quite reasonable, however I would check if his 10-15 pictures an hour includes doing multiple people drawings. Otherwise a lot of your guests will miss out

• Longtimecoming
    Beginner August 2013
    Longtimecoming ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding recently and this was very popular. They had theirs come just after the meal but before the evening guests arrived to break up the day a bit. Tbh my friends and I didn't get a picture done because everytime we went to him he was so busy and there was a queue of people hovering around for the whole time he was there.

Personally i'd say during the 2 hour break would be best, by the evening everyone will be up dancing instead and yes that price seems very reasonable xx

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Ive seen them quite a lot - but the main time ive seen then is between the wedding and the reception. Dont worry about everyone not getting one as a lot of people will not want one and are quite happy to laugh at other peoples.

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    MW1983 ·
    • Hide content

I think that is definitely reasonable. You can try warble entertainment or people per hour to see if there are any other deals. I think evening reception is the best.

Make sure you meet with them first to get him to audition as we know someone who had one and they were terrible!

What are the details of the person you've found and what areas does he cover as we need one for our wedding in Guildford.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics