mummymrs2b, 27 of January of 2013 at 12:18 Posted on Planning 0 21

Which would you rather see at a wedding? Can't make my mind up..'

21 replies

Latest activity by Andy_Magicman, 30 of January of 2013 at 10:32
  • minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

Caricaturist. Just because you will then have something to keep from the day

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a good point

but I'd prefer the close up magician as the caricaturists is a more individual thing and the magician will probably encourage your guests to get involved and get everyone talking to each other

Decisions eh !

L x

• snow-woman
    Beginner April 2013
    snow-woman ·
    • Hide content

I'd go magician.

My best friend had a caricaturist and although he was lovely (and yup, I've still got it somewhere) I felt like the time I was sat being drawn was time I was 'missing' from the wedding. I've not put it up anywhere or anything.

But then it also turns out that while me and my sis were being drawn in the bar, we missed the throwing of the bouquet!

• TamarValleyGirl
    Beginner May 2013
    TamarValleyGirl ·
    • Hide content

Magician. Caricaturists seem bit creepy to me, dunno why :laugh:

And what someone else said about people being self-concious about their looks.

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content

Caricaturist for me. We went to a wedding with one, everyone thought it was great and we now have our drawing on our kitchen wall. We've booked one for our wedding now too Smiley smile magicians make me feel nervous haha.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This, how long do guests have to sit down for? I'd opt for magician.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

It would be a caricaturist for me ?

Get a caricaturist who does magic! (if such a thing exists)

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content

We had a caricaturist, he did it while people were standing chatting and chatted to us aswell, he was so friendly and nice. It probably took 2mins per drawing but i don't feel like I missed anything and I love our drawing!

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I've done a few weddings where they have had a caricaturist as well as myself. If you are having one or the other I would suggest that you go with your instinct or survey your guests to see what they would prefer.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

The caricaturist will entertain more people than a close up magician as everyone comes and looks at the picture as it is being drawn, look at all the people looking in the picture, you can not dip in and out a magician you have to be in the small group all the way through the trick.
    And as has been said you and your guests have got a keepsake afterwards. From what I have seen they will "go easy" on the MOB and MOG and Bride if wanted, and remember you do not have yours done if you are worried
    Afterwards they are used to great effect during the speeches, or they can all be displayed for everyone to view - including the eve guests.
    I came across one at a wedding and he drew me too, and now that drawing forms a link to him on my links page of my website
    here he is

• C
    Beginner April 2013
    clairerouth ·
    • Hide content

I can't think of anything worse than being drawn by a caricature artist, the whole point of them is to exaggerate your features which are probably the things you and your guests are most sensitive about, like someone else I can visualise my big nose being absolutely massive in the picture, I would hate it and probably cry!!

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

Magician. I cant imagine anything worse than someone trying to draw me when I'm trying to enjoy myself, and then presenting me with an unflattering drawing - no thanks.

• Hide content

Thats a very good point, but you do not have to have yours done, and only those guests that are up for it will will be having it done.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I'd quite like to have some of my features exaggerated....providing they're the right ones of course! ?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Neither! I would be happy just chatting and mingling with a glass in my hand!

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

wss!

Magicians freak me out a bit and a caricaturist is really off putting imo. I'd rather chat and mingle Smiley smile

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

wss!

Magicians freak me out a bit and a caricaturist is really off putting imo. I'd rather chat and mingle Smiley smile

• Hide content
    View quoted message

Its not real magic you know----its a trick !

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I know it's a trick but that's why I don't like it, it's hard to explain but it just makes me uncomfortable.

• CinematicWedding
    CinematicWedding ·
    • Hide content

If you get an amazing close up magician, he'll blow your guests away! I've only met this guy at one wedding, but he was amazing! I still don't know to this day, how he managed to perform some of his illusions!

http://www.stirlingstunts.co.uk/home

Pete x

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

"'I still don't know to this day, how he managed to perform some of his illusions!"

It's Magic Pete!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics