Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsKHbutterfly
Rockstar September 2014

Caricaturists

MrsKHbutterfly, 21 of May of 2014 at 10:30 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hello,

Are/have any of you having a caricaturist at your wedding? are they well received/worth the money? and where did you find them? lol

Thanks in advance

xx

16 replies

Latest activity by Fairycake135, 23 of May of 2014 at 11:57
  • W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, yes we've booked one. Whilst we appreciate that it might not be everyone's cup of tea, we thought for those that did want to take part, it would give them a keepsake of the wedding.

I googled them & looked on Yellow Pages for ones in my area, looked at their websites & then met the two we had shortlisted. It has been extremely important for us to meet with them as we wanted to make sure their personality would fit with our guests. We're paying £150 for 1.5 hours but because he's so local to our venue, he's kindly said he'd stay for 2 hours at no extra cost to us.

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content

We had one and everyone loved it. Went down really well. There was a queue the entire time he was there.

We googled around and went with Mickey Toones (based in North West) and he was brilliant! Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    Sheldon ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding favours are caricatures of our guests, we have already had these done. We sent off 2 pictures of each guest and she had drawn them from a photo. I was very pleased with the result, these will be for out guests to take home and also to show our guests where they will sit. We also plan to print them all out and have them as our guest book and ask people to leave a little message next to there own caricature ?

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a fab idea!!! I love it!!

x

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for this, I will get googling...... At what point of day are you having them? I was thinking either after the ceremony before the breakfast, or after the speeches??

xx

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

We're having him after the ceremony & before the breakfast/during the speeches. (we're doing speeches before we eat to get them out of the way & so everyone can then relax).

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Ive seen them a few times at weddings both before the meal and after, If you have them before then it keeps people entertained whilst the photos are done and I have then seen the caricatures used in the speeches and then pinned up for the eve guests to see, and if you have them after then the eve guests get to have one, and as has been said its a type of entertainment that the guests get to take home

Heres one that I shot at a wedding and heres his website https://www.wedding-caricatures.co.uk/wedding-caricatures-entertainment/

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I've photographed weddings with caricaturists and they are more popular than you might expect. Usually there's a queue following them around!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I've photographed weddings with caricaturists and they are more popular than you might expect. Usually there's a queue following them around!

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

We aren't having a caricaturist but, we did go to a wedding last year where they had them and they went down a storm! I think it's an excellent momento for guests. They had them in the lull between the meal and the reception and it filled the time in brilliantly as people enjoyed watching them being done as much as getting them done themselves.

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!!

I just have to convince the OH now! lol!! Or maybe I should add it to the list of surprises for him..... lol

I have contacted one through their website. I didn't feel like I had much choice for my area so would end up paying for additional travel but I will see what she says when she comes back to me :-)

xx

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I know a caricaturist, apparently he's the world's fastest his name is Jed pascoe

http://www.jedpas.co.uk/caricature_portal.hthtm in case you're interested.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

We have booked one local to us. Personally, I can't wait. I don't care what anyone else thinks ?

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Kate, I will have a look!!

Lol at you Hoddy!!! That's how I feel now!! Am excited :-) xx

• MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

We are having one between our wedding breakfast and reception! It's one of the things I'm most excited about!

We found ours through a website called warble that i saw advertised in a wedding mag...theres lots of different entertainers on there...I wanted quite a few...OH had to reign me in so our wedding doesn't turn into a circus.?

• M
    Beginner December 2015
    MrsW2b2016 ·
    • Hide content

We're having one Smiley smile I already loved him but hadn't really mentioned anything to OH, but we went to a wedding fayre recently and he was there and does free drawings of the couple while you wait! So we came away with a brilliant drawing of us (which is now framed on our wall) and we will be confirming him as soon as we have a confirmed date!! My OH absolutely loves him!

He's £280 for 4 hours and can get 30-50 done in this time. Not sure when we're going to have him yet though, need to figure that bit out.

He's called The Artful Doodler but we're based in Kent xxx

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

My friends had a caricaturist at their wedding, turned out to be a huge success! He did drawings for a couple of hours in the early evening (just after dinner/speeches) so the evening guests could get a picture done too. It was great fun watching him work, ended up being a crowd around him the whole time, i would definitely recommend as entertainment. My OH and I loved our picture so much we had it framed and hung on the wall. It was a real talking point too, everybody wanted to show each other their pictures.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics