Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Suzie&Karl
Beginner January 2012

Carvery

Suzie&Karl, 22 March, 2010 at 14:46 Posted on Planning 0 8

Has anybody had one at there wedding or planning to have one?

The main courses that included in our package at the hotel we dont really like, they have strange sauces etc and we wanted to keep things simple. And also the main meat is chicken and with it being right after christmas we gather people will be fed up of meat suck as chicken and turkey.

We then decided that we would opt for the beef with all the trimmings, at an extra cost of £1.50 per head which is fine cause we only have 62 guests.

But my friend is getting married in September and i have found out that if i had the beef then my menu would be exactly the same as hers, which is fine but i want something that is my own.

So i looked at the other menu options and you can get a Carvery for £2.50 per head which is great, and you get a choice of 3 meats.

Mum is concered that it will be too informal with everybody getting up for the meat and we dont really want it to be like that.

Anything you know will be appriciated.

x

8 replies

Latest activity by GeordieBarbie, 22 March, 2010 at 21:06
  • L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

We havent decided on catering yet but are probably going to have a hog roast or a carvery. we like the idea of it being a bit less formal with everyone getting up for their main course, but are hoping to balance it out by having starter served to the tables so everybody gets their seat etc. we're not really into fancy food and just want something tasty, filling and that most people will like!!

hope that helps.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Lucy

I really do like the idea of the Carvery, its more choice. BUt i am not sure whether i want people getting up and queing. But will have to have a think.

Thanks

x

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding a couple of years ago that had a carvery and it wasn't well organised. everyone took a long time going up and queueing to get their meal (not really sure why) and by the time my table was called up to get in the queue they had run out of food. i ended up with a meal of about 4 bread rolls!!! but this is obviously just one place. am sure there are good well organised ones too!

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Thats what i am worrried about, might turn into chaos. But we have only got like 60 people so it wouldnt be too bad i wouldnt think

xx

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, i guess if you're having a lot of people there could be quite a bit of waiting in the queue, but we're only having about 60 so shouldnt be too bad.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh i love the idea of a carvery! i would definately have one if our venue offered that choice.

although i would definately bear in mind what emsa said and talk to the venue about how they organise it

x

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Yaeh id ask the venue about the organisation of it. eg if they have more than one server etc, and the thing is theres been quite a bit of waiting around at weddings ive been too where theyve had a sitdown meal... i think thats just what you expect when feeding so many people tbh.

• M
    MsCheerful ·
    • Hide content

I have been to a wedding that had a carvery and it was excellent. They had 2 tables at the front and the table just went up one by one and went along the line, everyone got served really quickly and meant that you got everything at once and was hot. I would recommend it, but I suppose it depends on the caterers x

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

My OH was an usher at a wedding a couple of years ago. There was over 100 people there and they had a cold buffet for the wedding breakfast. He went round each table and got them up when needed. It worked quite well, though not for him as he was too busy getting everyone up for meals and desserts ?

It can work - but needs organisation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics