Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2014

Cash bar no card payments

SunnyYellowConfetti64, 29 of May of 2014 at 13:19 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi there,

We're providing arrival, table and toast drinks but after that guests will pay for their own drinks. I'm trying to find a way of wording that our venue will only take cash payments at the bar not card (as we're miles from a cash point in deepest darkest Dorset!) and don't want people disappointed! Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Rosie

5 replies

Latest activity by nemi, 30 of May of 2014 at 17:28
  • Paul & Dawn
    Beginner July 2015
    Paul & Dawn ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rosie,

We are going to have the same thing, haven't really thought about the wording yet but will probably put a small footnote on the invites, something like:

*Please note that our venue is unable to take card payments for the bar, if you wish to purchase drinks during the day we recommend you withdraw cash beforehand as there are no cash machines at the venue. Many thanks for your understanding.

Unless anyone has any better suggestions? I'm sure they do! Smiley smile

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't write in on the invitation. It's a bit odd and detracts from the "Yeaaaa..... wedding......do come!" type sentiment.

Like someone else said, if there's a separate info sheet, add it to that. Otherwise, just spread the news by word of mouth between now and the wedding. I'm assuming you, your OH or the parents will see or speak to all the people who you are inviting to the wedding between now and the big date, so word of mouth will be fine. If I'm wrong about that, I'd wonder why they were even on the invitation list in the first place if they are that 'astranged'.

People also have a bit of common sense. People think hotel = credit cards, village hall or tipee in a field = cash. If your venue doesn't fit with those kind of common sense expectations, put a bit more effort in when spreading the word hun Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner August 2014
    parma violets ·
    • Hide content

We had a separate page with information about parking, carriages @ 11:45 and other information. We had a 'notes from the venue ' Section where we mentioned the cash bar and confetti rule. It was written more from a ...the venue would like to make you aware that .... .

• Love&Lavender
    Beginner September 2014
    Love&Lavender ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is the same- we put a note on our information page. It's just said "venue name has no card payment facilities and due to it's location there are no nearby cashpoints". Hopefully that will be enough.

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    nemi ·
    • Hide content

We put a useful information sheet in with our invites and put information like this on it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics