Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2015

Casual wedding abroad

Leachy2, 28 of August of 2013 at 22:21 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

Hey peeps, soooo excited just got engaged after 8yrs, and now have the joy of planning my wedding, YEAH!!!!

However I know what I have in my head but have not got a clue where to start, I am thinking of an abroad wedding, with a large party of probably around 40. i would love it to be on the beach or near by, very informal and relaxed. I have thought about Portugal, but i am open to ideas if anyone has any suggestions, it would just need to be within a 3 hour flight of the UK and preferably cheap. Guests are all willing to pay for accommodation, but there are quite a few children, which is nice!

Hope someone can help me get started xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Ampy, 29 of September of 2013 at 13:44
  • M
    MariaGeorgiou ·
    • Hide content

Hey there,

Eight years engaged! WOW! I am wondering how many years have you been together in general to have 8 years engagement Smiley smile About your wedding, I would recommend Cypurs. Its a bit further than your ideal distance (4/4:30 hours of direct flights) but it is lovely! There are now new locations which allows to have a proper bare feet beach wedding that you might just adore! there are also gazebos ON THE BEACH if you want to avoid getting dirty in the sand! the prices are affordable and the island in general is lovely with really delicious food. The weddings in Cyprus are also fully legal in the UK and you can have civil, Anglican or catholic ceremony - its up to you!

If you want more information, we have really nice personalized wedding packages for Cyprus weddings. Our packages include everything such as wedding planning and coordination, accommodation, transportation, flowers, cakes, hair and make up and many more. all the packages are created to your personal needs after a free consultation telephone communication and/ or a questionair Smiley smile

With our packages, we also include some amazing gifts such as private beach candle light dinners for two!

Email: *****.**.********@*****.***

• M
    MariaGeorgiou ·
    • Hide content

• GreeceWedding2015
    Beginner May 2015
    GreeceWedding2015 ·
    • Hide content

I had the samne dilemha as you... and it took me a whole year to decide.

cyprus for me was too far with young kids and too hot, portgual can be a little expensive, italy - same, spain (you cant legally marry there), turkey was too far and too hot so I have chosen greece as it is a short fluight, great for all ages and needs, cheap flights and accommodation yet it is still stunning.

• L
    Beginner August 2015
    Leachy2 ·
    • Hide content

Well I think I have narrowed it down to Greece also, thinking of Zante, as it is the closest island. Where are you getting married?

No it's the issue do I go with a wedding planner or just go through the tour operators, you think it will be easier getting married aborad, but then there is still much to think about, but at the same time getting very excite the more I look into it, just need to keep an eye on the budget as it is tight? Any advice would be great, thank you x

• Barbados 2013
    Beginner November 2013
    Barbados 2013 ·
    • Hide content

I love Greece and got engaged in Rhodes last year... it is beautiful and there are lots of great packages and planners in Greece. Good luck with the planning x

• B
    BookoninLefkada ·
    • Hide content

Don’t you deserve a little fairy dust on the most important day of your life. Are you dreaming of a beautiful island with blue skies, azure seas and sparkling sand as your fantasy wedding destination. Well dreams can come true through Book On In Lefkada. We can individually design your boutique destination wedding on this beautiful island and take the strain and planning details from your shoulders. Destination weddings are surprisingly affordable and a wonderful way to celebrate your union for both you your family and your friends. We will find the perfect venue to match your requirements and from our in depth knowledge of the island can arrange and advise on so much more. To make your dreams come true just press ‘contact us‘ on the home page of our web site or telephone our wedding planner coordinator Naomi on **** 985 We can also organise Honeymoons, Destination Corporate Events, Team Building Activities, Social Events and so much more on the Ionian Island of Lefkas, Lefkada & Meganissi, Greece.

Book On In Lefkada Ltd

****@****************.***

http://www.bookonin-lefkada.com

http://www.facebook.com/bookonin

http://www.twitter.com/bookonin

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!!

We have chosen Malta.

We have got wedding planners over there who are taking care of everything for us.

They offered us lots of different packages to suit budgets, themes, etc - unfortunately for them we pulled out of the one we had agreed to, they were really brilliant about it (I had puffy eyes from crying non-stop for two days) but they found us an even better option. We just didn't feel the one we had chosen was "the one" - when we showed people the pictures of the first venue they were gobsmacked that we pulled out. I guess you know in yourself whether it's right or not.

The legals over there are very straightforward and the ceremony will be English, and the paperwork will be also (you would need to factor in translations on your budget).

I'm not sure if you can legally marry in Portugal - someone may correct me on that - that is one of the reasons we didn't go for it. We love Portugal and have been several times but when I contacted different planners over they I got conflicting advice so we looked elsewhere.

Flights to Malta can be pretty darn cheap (unless you're like us - we booked a year in advance and paid around £900 for the two of us - our guests have booked 3 nights accom plus flights for £160 each! - that's in school holidays as well!)

We didn't want to fly too far and I didn't want it too hot - the thought of sweaty bits in a wedding frock all day urgh

Having said that, we are getting married in October so it will be cooler then anyway.

Good luck with it all - it's certainly an emotional roller coaster xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics