Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nicnol
Beginner October 2011

Catering for Evening reception guests

nicnol, 23 September, 2010 at 11:26 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi All,

All this talk of budgets etc has made me re look at costs and double check everything so i have no nasty surprises!

When it comes to the evening catering I'm not sure what my venue stipulates (can't seem to find it on any information they have sent me!) but going on the norm I've seen anything from 60%-100% but average say cater for 75% of evening guests which is what I'm currently basing it on.

Do though in this estimation do you have to include kids in the numbers? I appreciate that some kids eat like a horse but i can't imagine anyone under age of 7 eating as much as an adult so can i eliminate them from numbers? Taking cost cutting to a new level today ha ha!!

2 replies

Latest activity by nicnol, 23 September, 2010 at 11:44
  • Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Count the kids as half an adult.

So for every 2 children, just add one person on.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

We catered for 50% of the Evening Guests as the Wedding Breakfast was at 4.30. We had lots of food left over.

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have 75 to the day and another 75 to the evening. Our timings are to be sitting down by 4pm so not too different from you. I don't want to cater for loads of dood and have loads left over as you say! Maybe cater for 100% of evening guests and 50% of day guests? Sod it......catering for 100 guests that's a nice round number to work with ha ha!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics