Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2021

Catering nightmare!!

MeganD, 2 of February of 2020 at 06:07 Posted on Planning 0

Hello everyone! I just wanted to put a message on here to basically find out what people's thoughts on catering for wedding breakfast are! My fiance and me had sort of decided we wanted to have a bbq as we get married in summer and went to a wedding last year where they had it served to the tables on platters and it was beautifully presented. Now.. I done some enquiring and a few places got back to me. The cheapest quote based on 60 guests (just for main course and dessert, 3 members of staff to serve and hire of crockery (not glassware) was £2,300. Is this generally what people have found when looking at catering? It's just a massive chunk of the budget (that's already grown quite a bit since we first started planning). Has anyone looked at similar catering and found it cheaper? Works out at around £31 per person. Would appreciate any thoughts! Thanks Smiley smile x

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

That does sound really expensive, but I guess it depends on what area you are in.

We did look into bbq/hog roast type catering and prices were coming in between £15 and £20 pp, but we are in Wales.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics