Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eskimo329
Beginner May 2015

CATERING PROBLEMS GRRR

Eskimo329, 16 of November of 2014 at 20:08 Posted on Planning 0 7

Sorry to add another post....just wanted a bit of advise.....

We have our venue booked for may 15 and have been led to believe that we have to use the in house caterers although there is nothing in the T&Cs which day we do.

We meet the caterer back in June and discussed our menu. We were impressed with them but despite lots of emails and calls to them we havent heard anything back. We havent yet paid a deposit.

Just a little bit concerned about what to do....we have 5 months to go and obviously would like to get it sorted.

My other half is going to phone again tomorrow again but likelyhood is we wont get through.

Help!

Eskimo

7 replies

Latest activity by rambosmum, 20 of November of 2014 at 19:57
  • MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

If you don't have any joy tomorrow, how about ringing the venue itself? Maybe they can give the caterers a sharp nudge.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This^^^^ go through the venue, give them a ring and get it sorted asap, you can do with out the worry when planning a wedding.

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

We have tried that already....we were told "we shall ask him to phone you today" and then never did Smiley sad

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow great way to run a business Smiley sad are you close to the venue that you can go in and ask?

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

I live about an hour away but I have sent the venue an email asking if I can use another caterer. we shall see what response I get

x

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    SallieB90 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with above, Call the venue and inquire if it is required and explain that their service so far has been unsatisfactory. Perhaps they will let you hire your own!

I would feel better less stressed about reaching a vendor!

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

I finally heard from the caterers and they have provided a quote...

our plan is canapes on arrival and then a posh ploughmans buffet as our main meal (cheeses, meats, chutneys, breads, salads) and then a wedding bake off after (some guests bring a cake/dessert) and then the venue provide some fruit, creams and collis.

They have quoted £35 pp for this.....does that sound a lot or reasonable price?

Thank you

Eskimo

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds very reasonable to me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics