Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MetalBride
Beginner April 2018

Catering quotes

MetalBride, 10 of April of 2017 at 16:20 Posted on Planning 0 4

How long should I be waiting for a quote for catering? What is reasonable? I emailed my preferred provider 5 days ago and am getting a little impatient now as I haven't even received an email to acknowledge receipt of my request.

4 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 14 of April of 2017 at 08:56
  • M
    Beginner October 2017
    MrsOctober2017 ·
    • Hide content

No experience as my catering is included with the venue package, but I'd say 5 days with no response is poor form. Definitely chase it up, i would forward the original email and add a note, "Hi, just following up to check if you'd received the below email as I have not yet had a response? I look forward to receiving my quote and further information about your services"

xx

• C
    Beginner November 2017
    CantwaittobeMrsDavies17 ·
    • Hide content

Agree with PP - just give them a nudge. Or call them

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

My caterers do seem to be a bit slow to respond to stuff - a couple of things it might be is that I know a lot of them take their 'summer holidays' now because they generally can't take much time off in wedding season, or it might be that the beginning of the week is treated like their weekend as they'd normally work every Saturday & Sunday.

I know how frustrating it is - I think I'd chase after the weekend!

• M
    Beginner October 2018
    Meg101 ·
    • Hide content

Mine took ages to get back to me and I almost went with another but turns out they were just really busy. Maybe just give them a nudge. I ended up booking them and they gave the best quote

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

It's more amusing than that, turns out the guy who got my email has known me for nearly 12years from the local nightclub scene and wanted to check if he was OK to deal with the quote! I had no idea he worked on the wedding side now, I thought he was restaurant only! Bless him ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics