Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Nursey*
Beginner May 2012

Cathedral length veil - OM advice please!

*Nursey*, 27 May, 2011 at 08:45 Posted on Planning 0 12

I've got a cathedral length veil, which is being lent to me by my SIL2B. It's beautiful and matches my dress perfectly. But I have two questions:

a) What happens if it's windy/rainy? Should I get a shorter, back-up veil so I don't get blown about/ruin her veil?

b) Do I keep it on for the meal? As I'd have to sit on it I guess?

12 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Bass, 27 May, 2011 at 10:31
  • F
    Beginner March 2011
    FionaWalker ·
    • Hide content

My favourite picture is of my catherdral length veil blown away from my dress. I only kept mine on for the church and photo's. xx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Id take it off for the meal, cos if u sit on it wrong, its surely going to pull your head back?!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I took mine off after the photos, it was bugging me!

Would definately consider a back up. Whilst the photos might look good in the wind, you don't want to risk ruining someone elses veil.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

If it's windy then it will look nice in the photos ?. I wouldn't bother with a shorter one. Firstly you are not going to want to mess your hair up trying to get this one out before putting that one in and secondly, I doubt your SIL will be mad if it gets a little dirty otherwise she wouldn't be lending it to you.

Reference the meal, I took mine off half way through because it got so annoying. I actually wanted to take it off after the ceremony because with every hug I got, I also got my head yanked back.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I kept mine on but it wasn't a windy day fortunately. I also kept it on for the meal and to dance in too. I just folded it over my arm before I sat down and same for dancing. I think your sister will probably expect it to get dirty otherwise she wouldn't be lending it to you as Daffodil says.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Will mail you separately about the veil.

As for when to take it off, I kept mine on until just as we were being called through to dinner. I didn't fancy getting it covered in gravy! Mine was quite a full veil and it definitely would have got in the way of me stuffing my face.

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

I left mine on all day. It wasn't a problem at all for the meal. When I sat down it just fell between me and the back of the chair and then on to the floor to the side so I didn't sit on it at all.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your replies, they've been so helpful ?

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

There are some places that sell the veils with the longer bit detachable

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I have been thinking I want to keep mine on for the first 3 dances (all slowy boyos) then take it off? But if it bugs me i'll take it off sooner!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this happened to me, my sil hiugged me and yanked it down and almost pulled it and my hair out! everyone else managed to get their arm under the veil to hug!

i took mine off after the photos, b4 the meal. while everyone was taking their seats poped up to the room to touch up my make up and took it out, it was really starting to bug me!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics