Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner

Catholic wedding

deshie, 7 February, 2012 at 18:52 Posted on Planning 0 9

Having a Nuptial Mass with a priest and deacon--no set rules about how much money to give.

Has anyone any idea of what is usual amount?

Also any ideas for hymns--no choir--just organist.

Thanks

9 replies

Latest activity by deshie, 17 February, 2012 at 19:36
  • L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

We were going to have one but had a falling out with the priest and are now having a civil ceremony. I had anticipated between 300 - 500 quid based on friends past weddings but we never got far enough before to see what they were going to request. Don't know if that's any help!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I put a thread up the other day asking this but no-one replied :'( I have literally no idea what to give our priest! He said they don't request anything and it's entirely up to us...a ball park figure would have been good lol.

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a nuptial mass , but I am anglican. We are paying £650 but the church is a huge thing and have to pay the organist!

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

Were getting married in a church and its 400 pound it's united reformed church tho! I thought they were free lol!

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

Not all United Reformed churches are registered for weddings , so you may be paying for a registrar to attend Smiley smile

Also if they have an organ it will go towards paying the organist . I know a few organist and know what they get paid for weddings / funerals as they are in short supply! Smiley smile

• futuremrsgreen88
    Beginner June 2013
    futuremrsgreen88 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at Leeds Cathedral which is Catholic and the priest has given us a price of £300 for the ceremony. This doesn't include organist/music arrangements x

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Hi Deshie,

Are you having to pay anything towards the church, registar etc??

we're having a RC service.. slightly different in that we are getting married in a church but not by the priest there. Our priest is coming for our home parish. So we are paying £405 toward the church, bells and registrar. Then we are pain 150 organ and another 80 choir. Then as the priest is our home parish priest thinking of giving 250 to him tho he hasn't mention cost.

If I was in your situation i think 500 is plenty..

O and hymns.. my fav.. blind us together'

As I kneel before you

Ava Maria

Here I am Lord

Amazing grace

This is my body

• K
    Beginner May 2013
    katie98 ·
    • Hide content

Our priest asked for £250 as we are members of the church but said it would be £500 if you had no connection to the church. This is just for the service-doesn't include organist fees.

• D
    Beginner
    deshie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all replies.We're giving £100 to priest & £100 to deacon;0rganist£60.

They are coming to reception so will enjoy 4 course french meal!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics