Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner November 2011

Catholic wedding cost

mrs2bsoon, 18 of October of 2011 at 12:18 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi

Can anyone tell me how much the ceremony part of your wedding is coming to for those of you with catholic weddings? Our church just sent us a form with fee's on but our priest mentioned donation and now I'm confused!

4 replies

Latest activity by mrs2bsoon, 18 of October of 2011 at 14:58
  • ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

I can't really comment on Catholic as I am COE Anglican

My church fees are £650 & if I wanted a videographer there it would be £675

It really depends on the diocese as far as I am aware and whether you are going for a full nuptail mass ( which I am ) or a shorter service

Hope this is slightly helpful Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Afternoon Mrs 2 B Soon,

Me and O/H are having a RC ceremony (He is the RC I am CofE, although converting after the wedding), as the church is not in our parish we have paid £500.00 for the ceremony to be held there and another £120.00 to have the organist play.

Like you on the bit of paper we got grom the church it mentioned the £500.00 fee then it suggested making a donataion to the Father for carrying out the service. TBH don't think we will be doing the donation part due to already paying £500.00.

Perhaps give your priest a call to clear it up x

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Well we're getting married in RC and it's costing us; £300 for the church which includes the bells; 150 organist 80 choir and then about another £300 in donations to the priest as he's from our home parish and is coming to another church to marry us.

Yes its normally from what i know from my familty that you pay for the church.. heating, lights etc and then on top of that a donation

• M
    Beginner November 2011
    mrs2bsoon ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, it seems our fee's are pretty much the same as you all. Priest is donation as I thought then church and lights etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics