Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2012

Catholic wedding - vows and kiss?

adiesummer2012, 23 April, 2012 at 17:20 Posted on Planning 0 1

Eeeek...have hit the two month mark and am now officially PANICKING! So much still to do...anyway, we're having a Catholic mass (full nuptial mass) but it's being said by my mum's cousin who's a priest in the north-west (we're south-east).

He's only going to come down on the day of the wedding so won't have time for a rehearsal with us. We do have a deacon who can potentially do that, but not sure.

SO - question is (to those who have had a Catholic wedding or know!) do I need to be worried about not having a practice? For example, when did you kiss?? I have been to a million of these and just can't remember noticing. Because there's vows, then a blessing/exchanging of rings, then communion, then a blessing, I don't know if or when would be apppropriate. Did your priest tell you? Did you just go for it at some point?! I don't even know what we're supposed to say in response to the vows (i do/I will/Yes)...HELP! xx

1 replies

Latest activity by Vanilla Pod, 23 April, 2012 at 17:34
  • Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

After the vows and exchanging of the ring, pretty much at the end of the ceremoney the priest will usually say the you may now kiss your bride bit and then you kiss and the service is finished!, if your nervous you could always ask the priest of the church to do a run through with you, they are always the same service anyway no matter where you live so if you talk to him first about it and have a practise you will feel better, and you could always a chat with your moms cousin on the phone about the order of things if your worried! good luck! xxxx

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Yes the priest said you may now kiss the bride! Just after he said "what God has joined together may no man put assunder" Our vows came half way through the service. We had the communion and a reading and another 2 hymns after the vows. Then after all that, we signed the register and then had our leaving music and walked back down the aisle as man and wife!

ETA If you google "The catholic rite of marriage" an example of the full service should come up!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics