Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner October 2016

Ceilidh Band

Flutterberg, 20 of January of 2016 at 16:34 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All, We're thinking of having a ceilidh for our evening reception but I have no idea how to go about choosing a ceilidh band! Any ideas? I wonder if anyone might be able to recommend a ceilidh band in the South Yorkshire area please? A long shot I know! Thanks Smiley smile x

4 replies

Latest activity by Scottish_Sarah, 21 of January of 2016 at 17:28
  • Click Clack Photo
    Click Clack Photo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Flutterberg, I know a really amazing Irish Ceilidh band - they're called Cheesecake: http://cheesecakeband.com, they're based in Guildford but they might travel - their main man is called Alexis... it'll be well worth dropping him an e-mail: ******@**************.***. That's the only band I can personally recommend - they really brought the house down when I saw them at a wedding I photographed a couple of years ago. They immediately sprung to mind when I read your post! I hope it helps! Mark.

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I don't know any bands from that area but I would recommend asking the bands if they call out the dances. Most bands do but it's best to double check otherwise no one will get up to dance. Good luck finding a band Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner October 2016
    Flutterberg ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mark, that's great! I've sent him an email, I'll see what he says...!

• Click Clack Photo
    Click Clack Photo ·
    • Hide content

That's great - they're worth it!

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Having a ceilidh is great as it gets people dancing who normally wouldn't to a dj as usually very few people know the steps! We had a ceilidh at our wedding and it went down well after a bit of coaxing up. The tips I would say is make sure you have a good caller as this will make or break your dancing abilities! Other tips I would give would be to research if their is a local folk festival and what ceilidh bands have played. Research the bands get a sample of their music and see if you like it. This link may help you its a large list but check out their websites/get quotes etc http://www.folk-now.co.uk/directory/dance_bands.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics