Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner April 2026 Essex

Celebrants vs registrar

India, 11 of August of 2024 at 17:35 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone!

I'm getting married in 2026 and being the type-A bride I am, I'm getting ahead! What I didn't realise was how expensive registrar's are- especially since I'm getting married on a Saturday. I've looked at celebrants instead, and they seem to be equally as pricey, or even more so!

We're not worried about having a legal marriage on our wedding day, we're happy to go to the registrar's office and get legally married there, we're just trying to stick to our budget.

Does anyone have any suggestions on options for our actual wedding day that can keep the costs down?

Thanks in advance everyone Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by Jelly, 16 of August of 2024 at 08:04
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you're doing the legal bit beforehand, there's no reason why you can't get a friend or family member to do a celebrant wedding for you. Might be worth wording your invites to people so that they know you've had the legal wedding earlier though - e.g. "you are invited to a celebration of/blessing of our marriage" rather than "you are invited to our wedding." You don't want anyone watching your ceremony to be panicking because they realise it's not a legal marriage and don't know if you know that or not!

• J
    West London
    Jelly ·
    • Hide content

Having a friend or family member officiate could be a practical way to save on costs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics