Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner December 2014

Celebrity wedding dresses

MRS RB, 13 of June of 2014 at 13:51 Posted on Planning 0 23

Happy Friday :-)

So this week I was playing around on internet and I saw a pic of Mrs Beckham's wedding dress from all those years ago and it instantly reminded me of my dress. I recall being in my early teens when the Beckham's got married and insiting my mum bought the OK magazine for me to look at the pics and I remember thinking whilst some elements of the wedding were really OTT i loved her dress. When I went dress shopping I had no idea what I was really looking for and tried so many on; do you think my inner teenager may have come through subconciously and thats why I picked my dress?

Any of you love any celeb dresses?

23 replies

Latest activity by DrBuffles, 19 of June of 2014 at 10:02
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

One of my 2012 brides started up a dress shop, today she now has 3 dress shops and she only sells & hires out (cough) celebrity dresses.?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I have a huge coffee-table book of Hollywood weddings spanning from the 1920s through to the 90s - I love looking at the old-school glamour. I am particularly in love with George Harrison and Patti Boyd's wedding, mainly as she wore a shift dress and giant fur jacket. Here's a pic - sadly I can't find one online where you can really see the dress:

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

^ here you go

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, I was posting from work and our firewall is pretty random in what gets blocked, it probably stopped me from seeing that one! I love the fact that she was marrying a member of the biggest group in the world and just wore a simple shift dress, not even white. If that were happening now the wedding would be a ridiculously OTT circus. That's the kind of laid back, cool vibe I want at my wedding.

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Grace Kelly, so glamorous! I always thought I'd so sleeves and lace but it hasn't worked out that way...!

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Inkeddoll - I think it was quite common most acts use to just elope to Vegas, Axl Rose and Bon Jovi both did Smiley smile

bon jovi (highest grossing touring band in the world) and doratheas wedding at the little white wedding chaple

axl (singer of one of the biggest band in the world) and erin (daughter of one of the everly brothers) wedding

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, eloping to Vegas is what we wanted to do too - just couldn't afford it Smiley sad but we're still hoping to take in Vegas on a honeymoon and renew our vows...eventually! George Harrison wasn't a rock star back then though, he was a pop star, it's more equivalent to if one of One Direction were to get married (which one of them is soon, to one of Little Mix, and he's trying to get Journey to reunite to sing at the wedding, so laid-back is clearly not a watchword there).

• smokesignal
    Beginner August 2015
    smokesignal ·
    • Hide content

Don't know if this counts, but I love the dress that Sarah Drew wore recently on Grey's Anatomy Smiley smile Shame it's so ridiculously far out of budget Smiley sad

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Paradoxically, here are some of the "worst" celeb dresses....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2656085/Brides-beware-Katie-Price-makes-worst-wedding-dresses-list-THREE-times.html

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

More celebrity wedding dress inspiration: https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-pictures/celebrity/

x

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Loving the Lampshade fascinator look ?

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I personally do not like big bride-y princess-y dresses so I glance over a lot of them as looking the same, in answer to the question I think my 3 favorites are:

the november rain dress (because that was the big white wedding dress of my childhood... in my dreamy little girl mind this was the only wedding I had seen)

and

cortney cox's wedding dress... although my dress will have quite a bit of lace my favorite dresses to look at are always the beautiful simple plain white ones

and

*cringe* at the 'celebrity' but I like the twilight dress too, I saw thins on the alfred angelo site a while back and loved it until I found out it was in that film Smiley sad

but non are what im having though lol although you might see inspiration from all of them combined

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Bianca Jagger! Not technically a dress but still iconic. You may detect that I'm obsessed with the 60s and early 70s Smiley smile

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I have a 60s wedding dress in storage somewhere - I just love how different it was

its an off shoulder mini dress made of cream lace with a big lace rose in the middle - the inside feels all cheap, plastic-y and man made but that would of been the 'cool/new' material at the time lol

I love 60s mini wedding dresses, they did more for the movement of wedding dress style and variation than any other period in history

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

You should totally take a look at the book I mentioned, Weddings and Movie Stars - it's amazing. I got it at The Works for 6.99 - a bargain! It's not just movie stars, it has pics of tons of iconic celeb weddings.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love this dress too! I like the fact that it is traditional and girlie, yet she included her personality in the dress by having the dip dyed pink bottom bit (I think she has a thing for pink, she had pink hair for a while too).

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Cortney cox's wedding dress... although my dress will have quite a bit of lace my favorite dresses to look at are always the beautiful simple plain white ones

I remember this dress, I thought it was stunning, thanks for reminding me of this one.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bellas dress in the film was by Carolina Herrara not Alfred Angelo.

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

November rain dress for me. If I had the legs for it,even being 39 with 3 kids would not stop me wanting it.

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

*funky* it doesn't matter who originally made it the FACT is I saw it on the Alfred Angelo site (who do by the way make and sell it - 'bella 8400' I believe) trying to argue that is odd

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

100% agree with this! If only I had the budget *sigh*

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics