Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kat44
Beginner August 2011

Center Parcs for Hen Do?

Kat44, 8 January, 2011 at 17:41 Posted on Planning 0 9

My CBM has just rang me to see what I reckon about going to Center Parcs for my hen do. Getting a lodge with everyone and doing outdoorsy type things.

Not sure how i feel, tbh it sort of surprised me cause I've been expecting seaside hotel, drunken bars etc although I did mention before about just having a sort of house party type feel and doing something activity wise. I think I like the idea of centerparcs with a group of us, think you can get lodges with 4 bedrooms that sleep 8 people so we could have a mass pyjama party lol but if there were more than 8, we'd have to have 2 lodges. There are lots of cool activities we could do and theres a sauna, steam, and spa treatments I think. There are restaurants etc on the sites.

I've never looked at CenterParcs before and whilst it probably wouldn't have been my first choice, i think I quite like the idea. What do you think? Would you consider somewhere like CenterParcs for yours or if you were invited on someones hen do there, what would you think about it?

9 replies

Latest activity by landy312, 9 January, 2011 at 06:34
  • Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I love centre parcs. One of my friends said that when she gets married she will go to centre parcs. We've had one of the lodges before with the sauna and jacuzzi and with lots of girlie friends there would be fun! Depends whether you want to do the whole bar and drunken pub crawl thing? Or have one at centre parcs for those can afford it and onelocally involving pubs and bars?

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you.

Oh I'd definitely have a drunken night out somewhere as well nearer the time lol but I do feel I'm getting on a bit for a weekend of total partying! The plus point is I think it works out cheaper for 3 nights at CenterParcs (before activities I think!) than a weekend partying by the sea!

Besides, my mum, MIL, aunty and SILs mum would all be coming as well so I do really want something we can all do. I think this is sounding more appealing the more i think about it!

just that its somewhere I've never been so have no experience whatsoever!

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE CP!!! I have been 14 times now and in November we finally got one of those 4 bed ones with the games room and jacuzi Smiley smile Was soooo nice and we stayed in everynight with several bottles of wine and funny games and quizes. Wish I could go for my hen do (and this is actually what my oh wants to do for his stage cos they have paintballing and quad biking too!). Unfortunately we don't have the budget for hen and stag weekends as our predicted overspend on the wedding is about £2k at the mo. If we have any extra money we will probably put it into a having a honeymoon (the other thing we now can't afford) and just have local nights out instead.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I think you would love it but don't tell them it's a hen do, tell them it's a family reunion or something. https://www.centerparcs.co.uk/breaks-we-offer/special-offers.html

• Q
    Beginner September 2012
    queenofjapan ·
    • Hide content

I love center parcs i want my hen do there as i dont drink so it would be nice for me to be able to do other things and go to the spa and chill out and do out door activities. we go every year to center parcs even if its just for weekend its great place to chill and have fun! x

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Which center parcs are you thinking of?

I know people who have had hen do's there and i used to work at one.

Definately dont tell them it is a hen do as technically they do not allow them ( as it is a family holiday place ) but they will allow same sex bookings so you can do it.

There are lots of things to do there and you can also get day passes if you had extra hen's that just wanted to come and do activities

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's the Sherwood Forest one that my CBM is thinking about as its nearest, plus has loads of cool activities!

I did ask that it was a total surprise but I think my CBM, bless her, is so worried I might not like it if I didn't know anything!

Thanks everyone, I think I may ask her to go ahead and check with my friends and see who would be up for it!

• L
    Beginner July 2011
    LallyHay ·
    • Hide content

That's where I'm thinking for my Hen do too - which I'll be organising as my CBM is pregnant at the moment and is very focussed on baby this baby that. I thnk I will just do a night if they do that with spa all day on the Saturday and then bar/restaurant that night and maybe swiming on the Sunday as will have pregnant woman and the 2 mothers so wouldn't want to over excite them LOL.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I go to Center Parcs every year and have been to Sherwood, Elveden and Longleat but not the one in Cumbria...yet! Out of all three, I prefer Elveden purely because everything is under cover so if it's bad weather, you don't get soaked or frozen going from swimming to coffee shop or bar etc. Plus, I like the open atmosphere of sitting next to duck ponds with waterfalls listening to live music playing whilst your eating even though you're sat indoors and it's chucking it down outside! I agree, don't tell them it's a hen do because they don't allow them and if you do plan on drunken nights, definitely keep it within your villa as it is a family place rather than a singles place. The spa treatments although excellent are way overpriced compared to salons at home so be prepared to spend at least double on what you would spend at home on a treatment. Also book your treatments quite a few weeks before you travel because they get booked up way in advance.

• L
    Beginner
    landy312 ·
    • Hide content

Besides the choosing of her constant companion, the bride still needs to be cautious for the wedding gown.All brides hope that they will have a perfect wedding party, in which every detail is unforgetable.Fashion Trend in This winter : cheap wedding dresses
    Facing many a kind of choices, a bride is not only dazzled but also more easy to change her mind, then it wiil be hard for her to select a dress.
    It is of great importance for a bride to have a wedding dress, which is distinct from other fashion dress and evening dress. Amazingly! evening dress Rank the First in the List of Most Delicate Articles for Truelove.
    It is important to choose a wedding dress which could demonstrate your speciality and personality. Hottest, Newest, Latest: designer wedding dresses The it come to unconcealing the inadequacy and disadvantage. Be More Photogenic in pepe botella bridal gown.
    Just in case the bride selecting the wedding dress which is not satisfied, the bride should learn how to select a suitable wedding dress. Last Week My Father Sent wedding dresses for My Mother.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics